Esteemed Contributor

Re: When do you usually go grocery shopping?

I go when I run out of things I need. Usually in the mornings and on days off. Food is fresher then and not picked over ... I can not imagine going in the wee small hours of the morning. Not in this day and age.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For staples, I hit Costco first thing when they open on either Friday or Tuesday morning. I plan meals a week in advance (sometimes 2) and I "freezer cook" quite a bit. Meat can be frozen so I buy it when on sale or at Costco (when I do my staples shopping). I buy veggis fresh so the day of or 1 day out when I'm making the dish; stop usually when doing errands so any time of the day.

Shopping at night is great as well as it's usually pretty quiet. I"ve done the after midnight shopping as well; it's fun. As a treat, I'll take my boys (they usually ask) when there is no school the next day. They get a huge kick out of it, lol.

Now the mall? Only during daylight hours and only during the week.

Trusted Contributor

We go once a week (for cat supplies and staples), on Monday afternoons after I get home from work. Sometimes, if I know I'm going to need something during the weekend, I'll stop at our local store on my way back from my lunch time walk at work, but that's rare.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Now that I'm retired, it's weekday mornings. I take my time and I no longer get annoyed by lines, I've got all the time in the world.

@QVCkitty1  Ain't it wonderful! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise When do you get any sleep.I hope that you are very careful out that late and that someone knows where you are.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Now that I'm retired, it's weekday mornings. I take my time and I no longer get annoyed by lines, I've got all the time in the world.

@QVCkitty1  Ain't it wonderful! Smiley Happy

@SeaMaiden, Yes, more wonderful than I even expected !!😺😺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Usually Saturday mornings, sometimes during the week in the evening. I almost always avoid Sundays because I find things are always out of stock and pick over then.

Honored Contributor

Usually on Sundays after church, so it is usually around 1 or 2pm, depending on if we have lunch after church service. The grocery store isn't usually very crowded at that time, so for us we can get in and out in 1/2 hour......I do not like grocery shopping, so I am all about quick and efficient.......

Frequent Contributor

DH does the shopping on Saturday mornings. He prefers to go early, 8 a.m. - 9 a.m.

When I worked overnights, I liked to shop after my shift.

There are many people who shop overnight, many Dads with their children. I met a lot of nice people.

"God created memories so that we might have roses in December." - Italo Svevo
Honored Contributor

I work during the week and detest shopping after work.  I generally go early Saturday or early Sunday morning.  If I'm not out the door on Saturday by 9, I won't go because it gets too crowded.

Saturday is optimal though because I have found that many times from Sunday on, the shelves need to be restocked and they are out of a lot of items.  Also, the meat dept. isn't open very late on weekends.