Honored Contributor

Re: When do you think the Kardashians will go away once and for all?

@this is my nic wrote:

I have absolutely 0 idea why they are famous.  It's bizarre. Personally, I wish they would just go away. 

@this is my nic. "famous" for posting semi-naked or totally naked pictures on social media. That is why they are famous.

Respected Contributor

Mama Kris keeps them in the media knows how to make money. They will never go away.

Honored Contributor

very hard to avoid them when their faces are plastered everywhere on the internet, magazine covers, etc.
Honored Contributor

They are not going away nor do I think they should.

Esteemed Contributor

When people stop paying attention to them!!!

Respected Contributor

When will they go away ? Never ..

Kris Jenner turned the Kardashian name into a multi-million dollar brand. It includes an ever-growing cornucopia of products, from TV shows to fragrances, from smartphone apps to even credit cards. But on her journey to helm one of the richest families in America, the infamous "momager" had to make some questionable choices that she'll say were for her kids. Of course, most moms probably would've held off on "leaking" their daughter's sex tape to land a reality TV deal—which everyone forgets is how this whole party started.

http://www.nickiswift.com/3710/questionable-things-kris-jenner-done-kids/s/image-424/

Respected Contributor

@newagain888888 wrote:

Unfortunately, they seem to reflect the values of the younger generation, so are likely never going away. Expect the latest Kardashian offspring to be groomed for celebrity fame and fortune too. It boggles the mind that such a self-obsessed, uneducated, values-challenged family has continually managed to attract mainstream media attention, sell countless retail products, and maintain an enormous fanbase while contributing absolutely nothing (positive) to society. Other than self-promotion, what exactly do they do? It’s a sad commentary on our world.

Give me a break. The "values" of the older generation are what's wrong with this country. Look what they've managed to destroy in such a small amount of time. I can guarantee you the top 5 list of problems this country faces has nothing to do with the younger generation.

I don't particularly care for the Kardashians, but I don't spend a lot of time thinking about them and don't have the visceral hatred for them that a lot seem to have. I am generally anti-reality show and against selling out your family, but they rank pretty low in offensiveness compared to the Duggars and some other families that have tried to cash in on this trend.

I don't get invested in any of their personal stories like many here do. I consider them fun to look at occasionally but harmless overall. The only ones in that circle that ever bother me are Kanye and Caitlyn, but my reasons are related to broader political/social issues.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Trusted Contributor

@MorningLover

LOL....I saw that on the Ellen D. show.  Kim K. was her guest.  Not impressed.  She sounded like a complete whack job when she spoke.  And then when she plugged her perfume, Ellen couldn't even show the bottle on air because the bottle is obviously X-rated.  

She just can't give up the ho-ness.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess

Not just faces, but backsides & b@@bs Cat LOL

And I just saw headlines about a minidress on one of the K Klan that lets it all (nearly) hang out.  So, add to the above list as you see fit.

Trusted Contributor

Less Kardashians=More Human Decency.

Let me put it to you this way. I was watching The View and the blonde host Sarah Haines mentioned her admiration for Meredith Viera. She said that Meredith "knows what's important in life". That was so refreshing to hear and characterizes the type of people we should admire. I don't think the Kardashians know what's important in life. Like I mentioned earlier, they are not criminals and they are nice by all accounts but not the people we should be looking up to.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.