Super Contributor

Re: When do you think the Kardashians will go away once and for all?

I don’t recall the last time I saw anything about them—-oh, wait😉

right now, this forum😈 All these folks wanting them to go away 

Unless they stop by my home and want me to cook dinner(they can buy the groceries), I suspect, I’ll continue not noticing them! 

Honored Contributor

@JBKO wrote:

Serious question. I remember when Paris Hilton just faded. Please God let the time come soon for the Kardashians. I thought they were done after the 72 day marriage but I was wrong. I hate to admit that their popularity actually grew. 

@JBKO

I can't stand any of them so I avoid as much as possible seeing and hearing about them.  However -- there are so many of them --- so, it seems at least one or more is always in the news.  It's the puplic's fault, as they have made them media stars and have really increased their wealth.  They are for the most part making money by just existing.  So, goody for them.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Apparently this happened. And I thought she might be the "sensible" one of the group. They're supposedly coming out with another makeup line too. 

"Kendall Jenner was determined to get a good photo at Monday night's Met Gala in NYC.

The 22-year-old model was spotted shoving an assistant out of the way on the red carpet at the Metropolitan Museum of Art."

"Kendall Jenner shows up to the #MetGala in the most bland toilet paper outfit and had the nerve to push one of the handlers out of the way who was just doing his job on the carpet #rude,' wrote another eye-witness.

And one audience member posted: 'Just watched Kendall Jenner push a PA on the livestream I'm watching, but her outfit is toilet paper chic and I'm okay with it.'"

Determined: Kendall Jenner was determined to get a good photograph at Monday night's Met Gala in NYC

Be careful what you read. 

If you watch the actual video which I happened to catch on a tv show while I was waiting on my car repair, there was no shove.  She pushed on his back and he politely moved away.   

These so called "journalists" need to watch their words.  They won't because more people will click on their story but the misinformation on stupid stuff like this and even the more important stuff is rampant.      

Respected Contributor

The Kardashians are not the kind of people of my interest, so I would not notice and/or care about their lives......

Trusted Contributor

I have never watched a single episode of their show. I don't even have cable! I very quickly learned what their "success" was based on and determined that they are not exactly the most dignified of people.  Their show came on air when I was studying abroad in Paris so I didn't really become aware of them until 2008. From the get go, I was like "nope". They have no depth and do things that would get the average American ostracized from their community. Meanwhile, we line their pockets.

Are they criminals? No. Are they nice people? From what I've heard, they are sweet and courteous. Should we be looking up to them. Absolutely not. 

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

They will never go away as long as people keep watching them and talking about them on social media, etc. I find them disgusting.
Honored Contributor

@newagain888888 wrote:

Unfortunately, they seem to reflect the values of the younger generation, so are likely never going away. Expect the latest Kardashian offspring to be groomed for celebrity fame and fortune too. It boggles the mind that such a self-obsessed, uneducated, values-challenged family has continually managed to attract mainstream media attention, sell countless retail products, and maintain an enormous fanbase while contributing absolutely nothing (positive) to society. Other than self-promotion, what exactly do they do? It’s a sad commentary on our world.

You mean you don't consider these people free thinkers? Well, at least Kim married a free thinker and he's quite educated or was that his Mother who had her doctorate. These are not average people, educated or not.

Respected Contributor

I have absolutely 0 idea why they are famous.  It's bizarre. Personally, I wish they would just go away. 

Respected Contributor

My daughter and I came across their NYC store;  there was a line of women waiting to get in.  We just laughed and kept in walking!  

Respected Contributor

Yes, a very short marriage to a basketball player who was NOT on the road to making tons of $$$$.  After a ridiculously expensive wedding, the marriage ended.