Respected Contributor

Re: When do you start listening to holiday music and watching Christmas movies?

I start on December 1, when I set up my Advent calendar to count down to Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  I love, love, love the holiday season. As for Christmas music, I have Alexa play it off and on all year ! My cockatiel sings with Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas is You". Heart

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

It's the season of my faith, but I rarely listen to holiday music. Never in the car. I may put it on (cable channel) while waiting for guests to arrive for gatherings. I hear it in stores - which I frequent less and less. I'm a decent person but I don't like how Christmas holiday season has evolved into a materialistic season.

I'm banking on there being no Christmas holiday shopping in heaven --  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@house_catI really look forward to hearing it starting the day after Thanksgiving.  In my car at first; and at home if I'm doing any Christmas prep (cards, decorating) or relaxing.

Congrats on the new kitten!  I've often wished for a special spray that we could use to stop their aging at their cutest stage. 

And one to work for gardening/landscaping.  

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

@mare54 wrote:

Direct TV has a Christmas music channel. I listened to it yesterday! Loved it. 

@mare54

I am so happy to hear that.  I am new to Directv - can you share what channel it is?

Respected Contributor

I have a senior choral group and we start working on Christmas songs in July (we still do regular songs, of course).

As far as when I officially start listening at home, I would say around Thanksgiving.

I LOVE CHRISTMAS MUSIC.

Honored Contributor

i barely listen to xmas music. usually after thanksgiving a song here or there is Ok but when it is on 24 hours a day (I listen to hours of radio a day) than I just draw a line.  the radio station i listen to rarely plays xmas music which is waht i like.

Valued Contributor

@itsmetoo It’s channel 858. I’m listening right now. 🤷🏻‍♀️😊

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Never...can not stand it.

---------

I'm just the opposite; Christmas music is the best. I'll start listening at home around Thanksgiving and in the car the minute they start playing it.

Honored Contributor

The only place I ever listen to music is in the car, and since I retired, I may only have the radio on once a month- -usually on the day I go for my pedicure.   

As for watching Christmas movies, there are certain favorites I would watch year round, but I really tune in between Thanksgiving and New Years.