Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 24,685
Registered: ‎07-21-2011

Re: When do you start listening to holiday music and watching Christmas movies?

The radio station I listen to starts in early November which I think is too early.  As far as movies if one is showing I like, I will watch.  I always like to see White Christms, Christmas in Connecticut, The Preacher's Wife with Whitney Houston (I absolutely love the music). Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor
Posts: 41,362
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: When do you start listening to holiday music and watching Christmas movies?


@Mary Bailey wrote:

 


@sunshine45 wrote:

as soon as it starts playing on sirius/xm for 2018 and as soon as music choice "sounds of the season" begins its xmas programming on our cable system. our local FM station begins the day after thanksgiving.

 

sirius/xm has the HOLIDAY TRADITIONS channel run all year long.


 

@sunshine45what station is it on?  I didn't know it runs all year long


 

 

 

@Mary Bailey

 

 

it is on 782. Smiley Happy

 

 

https://www.siriusxm.com/holiday-music

********************************************
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,254
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: When do you start listening to holiday music and watching Christmas movies?


@sunshine45 wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

 


@sunshine45 wrote:

as soon as it starts playing on sirius/xm for 2018 and as soon as music choice "sounds of the season" begins its xmas programming on our cable system. our local FM station begins the day after thanksgiving.

 

sirius/xm has the HOLIDAY TRADITIONS channel run all year long.


 

@sunshine45what station is it on?  I didn't know it runs all year long


 

 

 

@Mary Bailey

 

 

it is on 782. Smiley Happy

 

 

https://www.siriusxm.com/holiday-music


thank you!  I'll try it Monday!!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,779
Registered: ‎09-06-2010

Re: When do you start listening to holiday music and watching Christmas movies?

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

The radio station I listen to starts in early November which I think is too early.  As far as movies if one is showing I like, I will watch.  I always like to see White Christms, Christmas in Connecticut, The Preacher's Wife with Whitney Houston (I absolutely love the music). Cat Happy


@Katcat1......Gosh, my neighbor across the hall from me is always watching the Hallmark channel.....one old movie after another.....and when it gets to being near Thanksgiving, they show one Christmas show after the other.  Some times when I call her, I'll ask her what she's doing.....her response is always the same...."watching the Hallmark channel."  She is so funny.  Get a kick out of her.

 

......................................

 

Edited to say.....we are both getting up in our years now.  She is a year older than I am.  But, we both watch different things.  I like to watch PBS Create, HGTV, and a number of other channels....and yes I do watch CNN and MSNBC.  Today in Create it is a marathon of "Pati's Mexican Table.....and I love Mexican food.  But would enjoy it more if her 3 sons weren't on the shows.  Their table manners are awful.....stuff food in their mouths like they never eat, chew with their mouths open, and talk with food in their mouths.  We were never allowed to do that when we were growing up.  

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,993
Registered: ‎03-19-2010

Re: When do you start listening to holiday music and watching Christmas movies?

December sometime.  I like to enjoy fall and Thanksgiving for a bit.  I decorate for Christmas no earlier then the second week of December.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,168
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: When do you start listening to holiday music and watching Christmas movies?

We have a radio station here that used to start the Christmas music 24/7 on Black Friday. Now they start Oct 25. I am sick of it before Christmas even gets here! I prefer the old Christmas classics rather than Mariah Carey screaming out about Christmas....
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,637
Registered: ‎10-01-2010

Re: When do you start listening to holiday music and watching Christmas movies?


@Allegheny wrote:

December sometime.  I like to enjoy fall and Thanksgiving for a bit.  I decorate for Christmas no earlier then the second week of December.


I could've written your post...it's exactly me.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,053
Registered: ‎10-26-2010

Re: When do you start listening to holiday music and watching Christmas movies?

The day after Thanksgiving;  TSO playing and decorating begins

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,739
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: When do you start listening to holiday music and watching Christmas movies?

[ Edited ]

Never..I listen to Gregorian chant frequently

Valued Contributor
Posts: 891
Registered: ‎08-14-2011

Re: When do you start listening to holiday music and watching Christmas movies?

Direct TV has a Christmas music channel. I listened to it yesterday! Loved it.