Honored Contributor

Re: When do you start listening to holiday music and watching Christmas movies?

@house_cat wrote:

We barely celebrate Christmas, and yet I love the season. 

We usually put up a 4 ft. tall artificial tree, but with a new kitten in the house, that might not be happening this year.  I'm about ready to start listening to Christmas music, at least in my car when no one is around to complain about it.  It seems the older I get, the faster the season speeds past me.

When do you start listening to holiday music?

When I was growing up all the Christmas stuff started day after Thanksgiving.  Thats when Santa would be in stores. So I start after Thanksgiving.  I really don't enjoy Christmas movies until after Thanksgiving.  We have a local radio station that will start 24 hour Christmas music I believe the day before Thanksgiving.  The whole season I play Christmas music in my car.

Honored Contributor

I don't have any "official" time when I start listening.   If my car radio has a song I really like, I'll listen to it.

Respected Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

After Thanksgiving is over.

Same here. As for Christmas movies, I typically avoid them. I prefer to just listen to Christmas music, especially while cooking, reading, wrapping, and I listen on my computer at work.

Honored Contributor

Christmas is big deal for us.  Real Christmas not just the ho ho ho gift giving Xmas.  It's my favorite time of the year.  We go into Christmas mode the day after Thanksgiving because Thanksgiving is also a major holiday, a family holiday for us.  The Christmas season begins the day after Thanksgiving and runs through January 6th.  That's when I enjoy it all, the music the movies, the food.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I do both all year long. 

Whenever I'm in the mood. 

-----------------------

Me too!!!  I do both. Christmas music holds so many lovely memories for me.  Love hearing them year 'round. 

Love the old timey movies like -- White Christmas, The Shop Around The Corner, Miracle on 45th Street etc. Watch them over and over!!

Esteemed Contributor

Usually around this time....but only because I sing in our county's community choir which puts on a Christmas Cantata every year and the director tells us which one he has picked out before our first practice (which is tonight).  I usually find it online and listen to it.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

After Thanksgiving. One holiday at a time for us!