Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: When do we change the time back?

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Financialgrl wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I live in the Midwest and I leave for work about 650am and it is dark then. Once we set the clocks back it will start getting dark at about 430p and by 5pm it will be pitch dark already.....At least for November and December, I think the days start getting a little longer in the middle of January or towards the end........ 

@CANDLEQUEENand therein lies the problem once the time changes.  I'm retired now but well remember the days when the only time there's sunlight - we were at work.

To me it's so depressing once your coming/leaving for work are in the darkness.  ALso when winter finally truly sets in I cocoon at home.  I hate the cold and stay home more but the absolute worst part - when I''m home, it's cold and dark I'm often wrapped up in a blanket with comfort foods.  I typically am heavier in winter than rest of the year.  Once time changes again, I find myself moving more and rarely home - I lose that winter handful of pounds.  

@Financialgrl I agree 100%......I also tend to put on a few extra pounds during the winter. Once it is cold and snowy, I love to stay in  with a nice fire going and like you said some good Comfort Food!!!!lol!  I still work, but once I get home in the winter months I stay home-kids are grown and gone, just hubby and I-so really no reason. Today is a cold dreary day here, and I would have loved to stay home curled up reading a good book!  

@CANDLEQUEEN  Cold days I get little accomplished around house. Two months ago we had a string of crummy days and on one of those I stayed wrapped in a throw on couch with hot tea and found free movies to watch on On Demand and think I watched Breakfast Club 3 times within one week!  We had the same miserable dreary day yesterday here in DC so you must live north cuz I know it was headed your way!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

Beats me! I only know I feel it is a very unnecessary pain in the buttocks. Should go the way of the Pony Express.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Financialgrl wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Financialgrl wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I live in the Midwest and I leave for work about 650am and it is dark then. Once we set the clocks back it will start getting dark at about 430p and by 5pm it will be pitch dark already.....At least for November and December, I think the days start getting a little longer in the middle of January or towards the end........ 

@CANDLEQUEENand therein lies the problem once the time changes.  I'm retired now but well remember the days when the only time there's sunlight - we were at work.

To me it's so depressing once your coming/leaving for work are in the darkness.  ALso when winter finally truly sets in I cocoon at home.  I hate the cold and stay home more but the absolute worst part - when I''m home, it's cold and dark I'm often wrapped up in a blanket with comfort foods.  I typically am heavier in winter than rest of the year.  Once time changes again, I find myself moving more and rarely home - I lose that winter handful of pounds.  

@Financialgrl I agree 100%......I also tend to put on a few extra pounds during the winter. Once it is cold and snowy, I love to stay in  with a nice fire going and like you said some good Comfort Food!!!!lol!  I still work, but once I get home in the winter months I stay home-kids are grown and gone, just hubby and I-so really no reason. Today is a cold dreary day here, and I would have loved to stay home curled up reading a good book!  

@CANDLEQUEEN  Cold days I get little accomplished around house. Two months ago we had a string of crummy days and on one of those I stayed wrapped in a throw on couch with hot tea and found free movies to watch on On Demand and think I watched Breakfast Club 3 times within one week!  We had the same miserable dreary day yesterday here in DC so you must live north cuz I know it was headed your way!

I live in the Midwest! Southeastn Wisconsin!  Breakfast Club-love that movie!!!!!   lol!

Esteemed Contributor

Just asked Alexa its November 5th.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

About two weeks ago I started 'weening' my dog into the time change when I feed her. Each day I wait a little longer to feed her and that way it's not such a shock to her when the official day comes.

I do that too@SilleeMee.  Only I start feeding them their afternoon meal earlier. I don't let them in the yard after dark (skunks). It starts getting dark about 4 or so here in the Chicago burbs.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Katcat1

Sunday November 5, is when we turn our clocks back one hour.

You are correct.   Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  I hate when it get dark so early!  I collect clocks, so I need to start changing them tomorrow so I am done by Saturday night   LOL

Honored Contributor

I take our University shuttle to work everyday.   We pass a middle school and it's always wall to wall to street parking or standing of cars taking their kids to school.  It's like the school bus was never there for that fuction.  It reminds me of high school when I was only kid riding the bus.  All the other kids already had cars. I got my first car during junior year in college.