Honored Contributor

When do we change the time back?

I am thinking next Saturday but I really do not know.  It seems awfully late in the season.  Does anyone know??  Cat Wink

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: When do we change the time back?

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1

Sunday November 5, is when we turn our clocks back one hour.

Honored Contributor

I'm resetting my clocks before I go to bed Saturday evening.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in Arizona and we don't change time (sounds like several East Coast states are thinking about doing the same).  After all, most of us aren't farmers and all of us have electricity, so what's the point?

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I live in Arizona and we don't change time (sounds like several East Coast states are thinking about doing the same).  After all, most of us aren't farmers and all of us have electricity, so what's the point?

@patbz,It's mostly so children won't be in the dark waiting for the school bus.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@patbz wrote:

@patbz,It's mostly so children won't be in the dark waiting for the school bus.

Around here the parents drive their kids to the bus stop and sit there and wait in the car until the bus gets there. Some of the parents don't even allow their kids to ride the bus and they take their kids directly to school in their own cars. I don't understand this but maybe they have their reasons. So it wouldn't make any difference for those kids if the clocks stayed the same.

Respected Contributor

I can tell it's close because my older SmartSet alarm clock in my bedroom was an hour off this morning.  I guess it was programmed for the old Daylight Savings Time schedule before they changed it a few years ago.

Honored Contributor

My niece gets the bus at 6:30.  She's in high school now, but it was that early since grade school.  She is the furthest from school and gets picked up first.  The houses are far apart on her street, so she gets picked up at her house.

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I can tell it's close because my older SmartSet alarm clock in my bedroom was an hour off this morning.  I guess it was programmed for the old Daylight Savings Time schedule before they changed it a few years ago.

@santorini I have one of those too.  It has to be a good 15 years old.  Mine changed about a month ago.  I wasn't happy that day.  LOL.  I left it alone and use the alarm on my kindle.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

About two weeks ago I started 'weening' my dog into the time change when I feed her. Each day I wait a little longer to feed her and that way it's not such a shock to her when the official day comes.