Esteemed Contributor

Re: When did you feel really alive?

[ Edited ]

whenever i'm at a Billy Joel concert.....with my daughter....lost count how many times we've been!

Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  Probably when they placed my firstborn in my arms.  It was after I woke up from being under anesthesia as a a result of my C-section.  It's when I really felt alive and I knew I had meaning to my life.  👶

Then repeated the whole process again 20 months later.  👶

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Whenever I dance.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I'm so glad I started this thread, and a loy of you are reminding me of some of the events in my life I had kind of forgotten about.

Please--keep them coming!

Respected Contributor

At the start of a live performance: fireworks, parades, concerts, plays, etc.  I always tear up!😊

Honored Contributor

Scuba diving was the best thing this life ever brought me.  Being under the water in that beautiful environment with all those amazing animals, from the tiniest fish to the sharks and the ginormous Napoleon Wrasse, was a wonder that I hope I never forget. 

It was like you weren't tied to gravity, like when you're out of the water. I logged a couple hundred dives over those years.  I felt alive in a whole new, beautiful and  wonderous way. I miss it so much.

Esteemed Contributor

At Sapporo Olympics when I ran into Jean Claude Killey ( he was another spectator, not a contestant that year) and at Innsbruck Olympics when I saw Dorothy Hamill win her gold.  When I walked on the Great Wall of China.  So many more but those immediately come to mind.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

When riding horses. 

I have been riding for as long as I can remember. Bare back, English (forward seat) and then Western when I moved out West. Love it, love it, love it. I loved grooming, mucking out the stall....cleaning tack. When you take a jump; it feels like you're flying. Galloping over open land.....amazing. You and this poweful creature...it's magical. Everything about it; riding just feeds my soul.

Sadly, one of my children has a deadly allergy to horses. It's rare so we had no idea. We almost lost him due to second hand exposure....no horses in any way for me.  Some day I'll be able to ride again ( I hope) but until then, I have the memories. Smiley Happy

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

Every time I take my blood pressure......

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Swinging so high on a swing on a summer afternoon in my youth.