Esteemed Contributor

Re: When did you feel really alive?

The moment I knew I was unconditionally forgiven......really.....I knew that I would be alive forever!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

Yes! Thousands of them. Will have the same experience in a couple hours when I lace up my skates and hit the ice.  Very, very alive!

hckynut  🏒

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Probably my wedding day Smiley Happy

@itsmagic  I wonder if we were on the same trip, LOL.    We went to Yellowstone, Grand Titons and also rafted down the Snake river.  We went with Tauck Smiley Happy   What a fabulous trip.  I've visited numerous national parks in the U.S.  They all have their own charm but I think Yellowstone certainly wins the prize.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut   Like me jumping in pool for aerobics- great feeling!  Have a good skate.

Valued Contributor

I am no big traveler, so I cannot compete with Pikes Peak, but just being at the top of Lander Mountain in Lander, Wy. with nature all around made my day. Seeing cars on the road below that looked like tiny toys made me feel on top of the world. And I agree about anything in Yellowstone Park. Seeing and almost feeling the Upper and Lower Falls was special. Anything in Yellowstone made me feel humble and small. Seeing oceans or being on beaches is not my cup of tea. Put me in nature and up high and I am in heaven.

Esteemed Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten  So many times, of course including the birth of my children. But, like @FiddleDeeDee  horseback riding was surely one of them. I'll never forget one Sunday afternoon, when the whole neighborhood rode out for the day. Coming home, we found ourselves in a local town at dusk. We had to get home, and fast. We took off across the local baseball field, hoping the cops wouldn't see us. The guys whooped it up and the horses knew they were going home. I could barely hang on!  Hats went flying and everyone was laughing. I remember being so in awe of the power and energy around me, but also the setting sun barely highlighting the rider in front of me, who was yelping in high glee!

Honored Contributor

I remembered something else that had a huge impact on me in terms of the beauty of nature.

One time (mid 90s, IIRC) I was on my way to a small island in the Caribbean.  Our flight out of the US got interrupted to the degree that we ended up flying out after dark.  The small island to which we were headed didn't have a lighted runway so we were taken to El Salvador to stay overnight (all paid by the airline).

As we bussed from the airport to a hotel in San Salvador I happened to look up into the night sky and saw THE most amazing, beautiful night sky that I had ever seen and have since to see.   I never saw so many stars.  I was gobsmacked and just wanted to stay out there all night looking at the sky.  It's still burned in my brain how magnificent that was.

Respected Contributor

When my oldest son graduated from college.  Complete and utter joy!!

Honored Contributor

Whenever I watch fireworks for the 4th of July live.  It's exciting and it brings everyone to life.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten The first time years ago when I went to a live performance at the Metropolitan Opera in New York City.  I have been since and it always makes me feel happy and alive.  I particularly like the Puccini operas.