Super Contributor

When did Evine change it’s name.......again?

I just went to their website and saw a different name......Shop HQ

Honored Contributor

Re: When did Evine change it’s name.......again?

They changed back to ShopHQ. I think it officially starts today. They should have never changed it. ShopHQ is a lot better then Evine.

Regular Contributor

I hated evine when they changed..now I'm used it and they change back?   Smiley Sad 

Respected Contributor

I think they just spin a wheel on occassion and use the name that it stops on.

Respected Contributor

People say not true, but I thought that Kathy Levine was somehow honchoing that channel.  She was around a lot during the rollout.  I thought that "Evine" was a shortened version of her last name.

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

People say not true, but I thought that Kathy Levine was somehow honchoing that channel.  She was around a lot during the rollout.  I thought that "Evine" was a shortened version of her last name.

Many of us thought that same thing, maybe it was true at the time of the name change. 

Honored Contributor

for the longest time - I thought it was an Invicta Watch channel

I still do- hours on end

Occasional Contributor

Wasn't their original name SHOP NBC?

Occasional Contributor

I agree, they are the watch channel, they should have changed their name to Watch Kingdom or something like that.

Esteemed Contributor

@jerseygirl1948  Original name was Value Vision.  They actually briefly used the name ShopHQ before going with ShopNBC, followed by Evine and now back to ShopHQ.  The story from their braintrust is ShopHQ somehow resonates with the viewers as this must be "the" place to go for TV shopping.  However, my opinion is ShopHQ is going to need more than a name change to keep the ship afloat.  Sales are dropping by the quarter and the departure of three of their top brands (Beekman, Dimitri's Skinn and Anushka) to Qurate this year aren't going to help.  

Invicta has stock in the company and that is why they get so many hours per week.  I'm hearing there will be changes to the program schedules with less fashion and more focus on fine jewelry and Invicta.  I think that is a good choce to reduce their fashion shows.  I would like to see them bump up their hours of home and kitchen programming, but the first order of business has to be for the buyers to scout out some brands which haven't been tapped yet on TV.