Esteemed Contributor

When a UPS package goes to USPS

I am always dissapointed when tracking a package, to see that it went from UPS to the USPS. The regular mail is so much slower.  UPS is on my street at least two times a day.

Honored Contributor

Re: When a UPS package goes to USPS

@colliegirls wrote:

I am always dissapointed when tracking a package, to see that it went from UPS to the USPS. The regular mail is so much slower.  UPS is on my street at least two times a day.

It always get there the day it is promised in our tons of online purchases. I know Nate, the USPS mailman, and Bill, the UPS driver. Never a problem with our delivery dates, maybe the time of the day, but that is it.

In short, I am happy with either/or.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't mind USPS if the mail lady wouldn't stuff it in the mailbox.

Valued Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

The one upside to the handoff to USPS is that there's still one more day for delivery...Saturday.

Esteemed Contributor

No problem here.  Like both carriers and I get packages really fast.  

Trusted Contributor

This arrangement between UPS & USPS helps keep shipping costs down. I don't mind waiting the extra day if it keeps the costs down. 

Honored Contributor

I actually prefer it, and have never an issue when it's happened.

Valued Contributor

It doesn't matter to me who hands off packages to the USPS.  They are awful.  I was expecting a package yesterday which is usually left at the side door which is two steps down, so packages are not visible from the street which is 20 feet away.  I tracked the package last night, it was one the truck for delivery at 10:23 am, and the entry at 4:57pm said "delivery exception:  unable to deliver."  That's a lot of bunk.  

I was at home watching the local news at 5:00 pm.  I can see my entire front yard from my living room window, and even if I'm in the kitchen, I can hear the latch open on the iron gate.  In addition to that, the lovely delivery man slams my packages against my ironwork and glass front door, so I definitely hear it.  I saw no delivery person, the gate was still closed (which he also slams open and leaves it that way), and no delivery attempt at 4:57 pm.

I checked the tracking again today, and no change.   I called my postal station numerous times.  The phone rang once and disconnected.  I'll try one more time tomorrow, and if no answer, I'll call the vendor and tell them to issue a refund.  My package was probably stolen between loading on the truck and the supposed delivery.  It was a Philosophy product I ordered from their website, and what I don't like is that their shipping boxes scream "Philosophy" printed on the box.  What's up with that?  Free advertising at my expense, inconvenience, and aggravation.

Esteemed Contributor

I really don't mind USPS because he gets to my house the same day UPS would but I don't have to wait up until 9:00 pm for a package to be delivered. Last package I had UPS deliver didn't make it until after 9:00 at night. 

Respected Contributor

I hate it to when they give it to USPS. Example I was to get a package Friday & it wasn't delivered so I checked tracking and it said call the PO. She claimed he knocked at my door and no answer. I was home all day & he did not come to the door. Anyway I had to do their job and pick it up at the post office. Give me UPS anytime. Even if I am not home they leave it and if it is raining put it in plastic.