Valued Contributor

Re: When You Were a Girl Scout...

Yes I was a Brownie and Girl Scout and sold VS cookies every year. My sister was also a Brownie, Girl Scout, A leader and Den mom! She loved all the camping trips. She handled the cookie sales also and used to take her van and her girls to the beach on Long Island and sell cookies out of the back of her van. She was involved with the Girl Scouts for over 25 years! 

My granddaughter sold chocolate covered almonds before Christmas which were delicious and I just received the cookies!! The boxes get smaller every year!  Em

Honored Contributor

@Yardlie

I do like thin mint cookies.  But there are some in the grocery store that are way better.  I think that is whaI I am trying to say.  To me their cookies are nothing worth waiting for. But I do support Girl Scouts 100%. My granddaughters were Brownies and Girl Scouts for a year or two.  I always donated the cookies.  To me if I am going to eat the calories, I will go for something I love

i did try one s'mores cookie from a friend, and I do like those.  Tried them yesterday

Esteemed Contributor

I was never a Girl Scout. lol. I was a Bluebird and then a Campfire Girl. I don't remember if we did sell things but maybe we did and I just forgot. I do remember going to meetings at church (and doing things to earn beads), going camping in teepee's and cabins. We went to the White House, the Washington Monument etc. Also we went to NYC and I went up the Statue of Liberty, the UN building, Radio City, the Empire State building, the list goes on.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U ... Sounds like you were in quite an active Campfire Girl group! Your group must have done something to raise money for all those trips, unless each Campfire Girl just paid her own way. Did you grow up on the East Coast? Sounds like all the trips were right in that area. Nice to see all those things.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Cookies.  When I started with them we had the actual cookies with us when we hit the streets door to door.  I hated doing it.  Then a few years later we got the early order form.  Way to many people would not pay when the cookies came in for delivery since a couple of weeks had gone by.  Never did we do the out in a parking lot sales.  I would have much preferred that method then ringing door bells.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Cookies.  When I started with them we had the actual cookies with us when we hit the streets door to door.  I hated doing it.  Then a few years later we got the early order form.  Way to many people would not pay when the cookies came in for delivery since a couple of weeks had gone by.  Never did we do the out in a parking lot sales.  I would have much preferred that method then ringing door bells.

@beckyb1012 ...I know what you are saying. Also, it just is not safe for children to go door to door anymore.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

Cookies and our parents did not sell them, we went door-to-door which as we know is very dangerous.