Respected Contributor

Re: When You Think You Have Just About Seen Or Heard It All..

About the last thing on Earth I would ever be concerned about was what kind of shoes M&M's were wearing. 🙄

Honored Contributor

Just don't buy them. That's what I do with items I don't like.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 ---WOW !! Not sure what prompted that response---maybe you need a bag of m/m's to munch on !!!! That is my idea!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Grief!!!  It's CANDY for pete's sake!!@

Esteemed Contributor

M&M peanuts USED to be one of may favorite candies.  In recent years they have changed something because the taste is different and not that pleasant to eat.  All the advertising in the world can't have people buy something that is not as good as it used to be.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh my yes, the ad and marketing folks have managed to convince corporate America and the world that they're integral to product success. In an age when there's so much junk being peddled perhaps they are. Still, there was a time when products spoke for themselves. They stood on their own. They were either desirable or they weren't, and would sink or swim accordingly. If M&M sales are down, this doesn't strike me as a brilliant plan to move the goods. Nope, this is just more agenda driven nonsense. You want to sell sweets, you don't change the shoes on animated pieces of candy.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 ---WOW !! Not sure what prompted that response---maybe you need a bag of m/m's to munch on !!!! That is my idea!!!

@wagirl 

Companies spend a LOT of money on advertising promotions, and that isn't going to change. 

You seemed pretty insistent it was a waste of money, and your comment was very critical, so I thought I'd ask what you think is a better idea.   

It's not easy to come up with clever advertising campaigns ... but so easy to criticize them.  

Super Contributor

Next will be each M & M character will have an agenda or platform!  Honestly this is ridiculous! 

Respected Contributor

smh

Honored Contributor

I'm really encouraged by the widespread spirited, comedic response to these 'candy follies'.    I think much of the public is getting wise to bizarre corporate lecturing in the guise of "re-branding".   Nothing wrong with high-heeled boots!