Honored Contributor

Re: When Whole Streets Go Together To Decorate.

@FlyersGirl   How could I forget Wanamaker's Christmas displays & that organ.  doh.gif

The guy who played the organ had his own tv show to!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@lkat   This is a very small area.  The main street through there gets so backed up and clogged with cars waiting to turn unto this one street it's crazy.

It's pretty, I guess, but once you've seen it, well, you've seen it.

@CrazyKittyLvr2I can understand how it's annoying if everything gets backed up, especially if you're just trying to drive through the area.  The one near me is off of a street that isn't on a main drag so it doesn't get backed up.  As much as I appreciate how pretty it is, I would be annoyed if I got stuck behind traffic when I was just trying to drive by.  I also can't imagine living on a street where tons of cars were driving by at night, that would make me not want to decorate!

Esteemed Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

There is a big stone house on the road home from my sister's.  It is beautiful as is, but at Christmas there are just candles in all windows a big wreath on the door.  On the outsides of the windows are greenery with red bows.

It is simple and just beautiful.  I could look at that every night as opposed to thousands of seizure inducing blinking, flashing lights,

Don't get me started on those awful blow up figures

Especially when they deflate and Santa or Frosty is lying on the lawn.  Every year I see more and more of those blow up figures and I always wonder why anyone would want to have to mess with them.  

A few years ago a neighbor put a blow up Santa on his high deck and when it deflated Santa was hanging over the balcony like a sick person over the toilet.  

@J Town Girl 

😄 😆 😄 😆

Maybe Santa had too much egg nog?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

There is a big stone house on the road home from my sister's.  It is beautiful as is, but at Christmas there are just candles in all windows a big wreath on the door.  On the outsides of the windows are greenery with red bows.

It is simple and just beautiful.  I could look at that every night as opposed to thousands of seizure inducing blinking, flashing lights,

Don't get me started on those awful blow up figures

Especially when they deflate and Santa or Frosty is lying on the lawn.  Every year I see more and more of those blow up figures and I always wonder why anyone would want to have to mess with them.  

A few years ago a neighbor put a blow up Santa on his high deck and when it deflated Santa was hanging over the balcony like a sick person over the toilet.  

@J Town Girl 

😄 😆 😄 😆

Maybe Santa had too much egg nog?

@CrazyKittyLvr2 @J Town Girl @Anonymous032819   There is no reason to have those deflatables deflate. They can leave them blown up all the time. I can't believe all the ones I see laying on the lawns.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Quite a few in my neck of the woods.  All complete w/music!   I never actually road through or walked through.  I just watch on the news when the news reporters go there to check them out.  Those folks electric bills are enormous!!!!! Which brings me to my favorite video......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWBjl-jPcVM

@Mz iMac Fun to see as long as I didn't have to live across the street or next door to that!

Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

I usually spend at least one day in Philly during the holidays, taking in all of the lights, outdoor holiday markets and department store Christmas displays. Unfortunately, not this year. 

One of my favorites places to visit is the South 13th street neighborhood that goes all out with decorations. 

Miracle on South 13th Street is an annual Christmas lights display in South Philadelphia put on by the residents of the block of 13th St. between Tasker and Morris streets. Julia Hatmaker | jhatmaker@pennlive.com

@FlyersGirl My Dd just bought a house not too far from there.....I'm going to ask if she plans on going to check the lights out this year.

Frequent Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@FlyersGirl wrote:

I usually spend at least one day in Philly during the holidays, taking in all of the lights, outdoor holiday markets and department store Christmas displays. Unfortunately, not this year. 

One of my favorites places to visit is the South 13th street neighborhood that goes all out with decorations. 

Miracle on South 13th Street is an annual Christmas lights display in South Philadelphia put on by the residents of the block of 13th St. between Tasker and Morris streets. Julia Hatmaker | jhatmaker@pennlive.com

@FlyersGirl My Dd just bought a house not too far from there.....I'm going to ask if she plans on going to check the lights out this year.

Wow!

We drive around to see the lights like those every year. 🎄🎄🎄