Valued Contributor

When QVC gives a full refund.....

I did get my refund for VPH's finials that didnt' work. It states I received a full refund and I used the prepaid USPS label.  

I am suppose to get the return postage paid for as well so would they have taken it out of my refund and make the refund less that amount?

If so, I did receive a full refund of what it cost me including original postage so I should be ok.  I wasn't sure if they charge my method of payment for the return postage but then gives me a full refund on the original amount.  I'll check my cc soon but I know it takes a few days for new charges to appear.

Honored Contributor

Re: When QVC gives a full refund.....

A full refund (I believe) is purchase price plus original s&h.  You receive return postage cost if the product is defective or they send the wrong item.  I always call if this is the case to make sure it is noted on my account.

Honored Contributor

if you have a damaged/defective item you should get a FULL refund......purchase price, original shipping, taxes, and return shipping. if you did not then you need to call customer service to get the other monies refunded.

if you have just a regular return, you get a full refund of the purchase price and tax only. no refund on the original shipping, taxes on the shipping, and return shipping.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

if you have a damaged/defective item you should get a FULL refund......purchase price, original shipping, taxes, and return shipping. if you did not then you need to call customer service to get the other monies refunded.

if you have just a regular return, you get a full refund of the purchase price and tax only. no refund on the original shipping, taxes on the shipping, and return shipping.

But will they take the $6.95 return postage out of the refund or charge it separately on your credit card? It states full refund with was $47.77 which covers the price, tax and original shipping.  If they do deduct the return postage, does it come out of the $47.77 figure?

Thanks for your responses girls!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jayjay wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

But will they take the $6.95 return postage out of the refund or charge it separately on your credit card? It states full refund with was $47.77 which covers the price, tax and original shipping.  If they do deduct the return postage, does it come out of the $47.77 figure?

Thanks for your responses girls!

Your item was damaged. They should refund ALL S&H charges, and not charge you the $6.95 return postage. When I have returned an item for size, they have deducted the $6.95 and the original shipping charge from my refund. But when I have returned a damaged item, they have returned all of my previous charges (item, tax, and original S&H) and have not charged me $6.95 for the return. They probably didn't charge you the additional $6.95, but if you're concerned you can always call CS and make sure! Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

They will deduct the $6.95 from your refund (purchase price + tax - refund).

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

A full refund (I believe) is purchase price plus original s&h.  You receive return postage cost if the product is defective or they send the wrong item.  I always call if this is the case to make sure it is noted on my account.

They changed this part of it with the new shipping policy.  You don't get the original shipping back anymore unless your product is defective, in which case you get both the original shipping and the return shipping refunded.

Honored Contributor

Look at your credit card -- the return could already be pending so you can answer your own question.

It does sound as if they should be paying all expenses, bu, quite frankly, I read your post twice and wasn't quite sure what you meant, so you may also have confused the CS rep dealing with your return.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lately I have had to follow up on getting the $3 original S & H back to my CC if using their Smart Label. I was told by C/S that the refunds are now synced to give all back but the original S & H cost. So if the S & H was $3 you should get that back PLUS the $6.95 should not be deducted from your CC.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

another thing to watch out for......

if you return an item on your own with your own label and pay for it out of pocket, make sure qvc does NOT take out their pre-printed return label fees. it has happened to me a few times.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein