Esteemed Contributor

Re: When One Has Too Much Money

@Kachina624 wrote:

For $100K, I'd at least want a matching French fry. 

or one of those packets of ketchup that are scarce!!

Honored Contributor

The person who EARNED that money paid income tax on that amount, and I'm sure there was sales tax paid on the transaction....

Of course, it also could have been money laundering.....  Who really knows what went on?    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

SMH.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Unless I missed the comment here, the most important questions remains to be answered .....   can this new purchase be INSURED?     Should it be kept in a safe deposit box?  Does it need to be preserved .... or could it be laminated?  

Hmm .....   I wonder how much a rider on one's homeowners insurance policy would cost.   

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Whenever I see something like what this person did, I think of all of the people that could have been helped. 

The possibilites that are lost are so sad, although, the buyer wouldn't have likely donated.

Maybe the buyer did both. Why always assume the worst? Why not think positively, and assume that they have enough money to do both?

Not everyone broadcasts their donations, because if they did, they would be accused of doing it for the attention, right? Yet, if they don't say anything, then it's assumed that they never donate.

Hell of a  catch-22, right?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Unless I missed the comment here, the most important questions remains to be answered .....   can this new purchase be INSURED?     Should it be kept in a safe deposit box?  Does it need to be preserved .... or could it be laminated?  

Hmm .....   I wonder how much a rider on one's homeowners insurance policy would cost.   

@Tinkrbl44     Well.....*I* would have it gold plated......and put in one of those glass cases with a security alarm.....like museums have.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44     Well.....*I* would have it gold plated......and put in one of those glass cases with a security alarm.....like museums have.....

I was thinking the freezer.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

What good is money if you can't buy what you want? At least one other bidder was willing to pay substantially for it or the selling price wouldn't have been that high.

Most of us buy things we don't need, should we have donated that money and deprived ourselves of the diamond earrings, $300 handbag...we wanted?

Esteemed Contributor

Money laundering?? LOL - that's a bit overreaching! No one here knows how much money the buyer gives to charities, but it really doesn't matter. The money spent is his (or hers) to spend on whatever he wants!

Esteemed Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Money laundering?? LOL - that's a bit overreaching! No one here knows how much money the buyer gives to charities, but it really doesn't matter. The money spent is his (or hers) to spend on whatever he wants!

@jannabelle1 

I had to shake my head when some proffered that the sale was money laundering. On E-bay no less!😄

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.