Honored Contributor

When Did You JOIN THE FORUMS, How Has It Changed ?😊

I signed up in 2010 but did not start posting with regularity until several years later.😊 I have seen references from time to time as to how the Forums once were, so I am curious to know your experiences.🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Re: When Did You JOIN THE FORUMS, How Has It Changed ?😊

Its been so long I do not recall. Its gotten a bit tougher and rougher over the years 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I joined in 2007, the original forum format.  I used to work many hours a week and only started posting more regularly when I retired in 2021. Whenever you all joined, I am glad that you all are here😀

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart" Anne Frank
Trusted Contributor

I joined the forum a couple years ago @SandySparkles. Not sure why my profile says I registered in 2014 though. I must have unknowingly.

Even though I have only been reading and posting for a couple years or so, I have seen more and more negativity, complaining and aggression towards others. Because I really don't like conflict, I don't read most of the posts anymore. However, your posts @SandySparkles are almost always so positive I enjoy reading what you have to say.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm from the old HSN Forums. I'd read over here a bit, but joined when they shut down the HSN ones.

Those were the days!

ETA: @cjm61. if you think it's rough now, you should've seen it back then.

Good times.  Smiley Happy

Muddling through...
Valued Contributor

I signed up in 2009 I think.  After the first overhaul it was too hard to sign in. I made some very special friends who I still am friends with on Facebook.  At times it would get pretty rough.  Not quite a year ago I started reading again and started posting.  
There are a lot of caring people here.  @SandySparkles I love reading your posts and always smile when I see you here 💕

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Its been so long I do not recall. Its gotten a bit tougher and rougher over the years 

@I am still oxox Welcome!🥰 Ahhh.. Ok!😊 I have read that also👍, but have seen references to it being better now by some.😁

THANK you SO much for caring to share your perspective this afternoon!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

I've been a member for quite some time but only read them at first.  I know a lot of people complain about the moderation here but it doesn't bother me.

The reason I didn't post at first because it seemed like a group of bullies were controling the forums.  I believe they used to be able to send personal messages and then it was that little group who controled the conversations.  I thought it was very intimatdating.

I prefer the way the forums are now.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I joined in 2007, the original forum format.  I used to work many hours a week and only started posting more regularly when I retired in 2021. Whenever you joined, I am glad that you all are here😀

@PhilaLady1 Welcome!🥰 Awwww! That was such a SWEET thing to say! ❤It tells me that you too, really enjoy the forums, and I SO appreciate posters as kind as you are who post here!!💝

THANK you SO much for caring to share your perspective this afternoon!🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Mid 1990's.