Respected Contributor

Re: When Are You Putting Your Outdoor Fall Decorations Out?

Both my indoor Halloween decorations (which I don't have many) and my fall outdoor wreath come out near the first of October.  The indoor Halloween decorations stay up until the weekend after Halloween.  Then come the Thanksgiving decorations.  Those and the fall wreath come down the weekend after Thanksgiving and the Christmas decorations go up.

Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss. Yesterday!!!

This has been a difficult year and I just felt I needed a change.  Besides, the Fall season goes by quickly.   Christmas goes up the day after Thanksgiving. 

So yesterday, I just decided to change the outdoor flowers, wreaths, etc.  

Respected Contributor

The weather changes here around Labor Day and then I do harvest until after Thanksgiving.  Inside and out.

Honored Contributor

As soon as I hire someone to go up in my attic and bring the stuff down.  Definitely since today it was low 90s with 110% humidity I doubt they'll be coming down anytime soon.😉

Hopefully, around end of September I'm in no hurry.  I'm more curious what I have in those containers...I haven't seen them in awhile 😉

I love Fall up North not so much here

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I was thinking about this over the weekend, when I realized September was super close (and we're there as of today!).

I generally spend my weekends in September doing the one big all out cleaning. Appliances get moved, artwork taken down and walls wiped down, any touch up painting, scrub down the concrete floor on screened in back porch, wash the screens....that kind of stuff. That's only done once a year by me. 

It takes up most of my September weekends, but it's worth it to get ready for holiday decorating. I start that in October!

(full disclosure:we're still in our active part of the hurricane season, so if I have to evacuate it can mess up my timeline)

Smiley Surprised 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Esteemed Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

I'm not. 90 plus degrees and Fall decor just don't work for me. Smiley Sad

I asked someone in the community if people put their Snowman under their palm trees next to their pink flamingos at Christmas. She laughed a hearty laugh and then realized I was serious. "Um...I guess you could". she said.

This year will be interesting, decor wise, lol.

Yes, we do!

Sandman on beach with palm tree | Sand snowman, Beach christmas, Coastal  christmas

Of course, the Flamingoes are at the zoo!