Trusted Contributor

Re: When Are You Putting Your Outdoor Fall Decorations Out?

@tototwo, I agree with Red & Curly.  Maybe one or two fall decorations will tell that Covid that it's not going to dampen your spirit.  However, I understand if you decide not to put anything out.  

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

@wismiss 

Sadly, I’m in an apartment and the only outdoor space I have to decorate is my door. I have a nice holiday wreath and will put it up the day after Thanksgiving. Nothing for fall though. I love fall decorations though! Put lots of them up so people like me can enjoy them! 

Honored Contributor

I usually put my fall decorations out late September and leave until Thanksgiving. I don’t do Halloween, only fall harvest. I may put stuff out inside after Labor Day next week. It was 104 yesterday and just seeing some cool weather decor should lift the spirits, especially since we have been cooped up inside so long due to COVID. Anything to celebrate, like the changing seasons, is welcome! Already bought some harvest corn
(choc candy corn) to decorate some pumpkin cookies near Halloween.
Valued Contributor

I just finished putting my Fall-Harvest decorations out. I decorate my front porch and the inside of my house. I really love my fall decorations. You get a lot of mileage out of fall decor, September, October, November. They look so pretty. We love it even if no one else will see it, thanks to the Covid 19. But that's ok, we enjoy our home and feel so blessed even in a time of quarantine. 

Honored Contributor

Nice sentiments @greamy . I never thought about it that way, but you really do get three months out of fall decor - far more than Christmas. If I were young, and could get new Christmas stuff, I'd probably do a snowman theme in white and teal with silver accents. I could use them three months.

Valued Contributor

That sounds so pretty and you would be able to enjoy the winter season. Snowmen are so pleasant to display.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I finally have my inside decorations up. I'll do the outside either the end of September or the first week in October.

Respected Contributor

I will take care of autumn when it's autumn.

Super Contributor

Sometime this week I am going to remove my patriotic summer wreath, flowers, and bench pillows. Then I will put out my transition decorations. That's basically a non-seasonal wreath, a bench pillow that has an apple picture on it, and some mums that are not blooming yet.

I won't go into full fall mode until the weather changes in October. At that time, I will put out pumpkins and my fall leaves wreath. 

Respected Contributor

I had a discussion with the trees today, and they've agreed to decorate the ground attractively in yellow, orange, and brown again this year. They said they've got a lot of deciduous management tasks to deal with right now, but they should get around to it by mid-October. They've done a magnificent job in years past, and there's no way some grapevine wreath with fabric leaves can compete with their performance. I'll tidy up the flower beds and cut back the peonies while I'm waiting.