Honored Contributor

Re: When Are You Putting Your Outdoor Fall Decorations Out?

@wismiss wrote:

Last year we didn't have much of a fall.  So, I'm thinking of pulling my annual flowers and replacing them with mums, changing my garden flag, changing the outfit on my welcome bear, and changing my front door wreath sometime this week or the early part of next week.  What about you?

@wismiss 

For  Me around October 1. These are my fall decorations from last year

B860CAEE-AE4A-4D8D-9157-7618AB989044.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

I'm not. 90 plus degrees and Fall decor just don't work for me. Smiley Sad

I asked someone in the community if people put their Snowman under their palm trees next to their pink flamingos at Christmas. She laughed a hearty laugh and then realized I was serious. "Um...I guess you could". she said.

This year will be interesting, decor wise, lol.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

Funny you should ask. The inside ones went up yesterday while my husband mowed the lawn. Today, while he was at work, I pulled out all the outside fall decor and will change our covered front porch to a fall harvest theme. In October, I'll tweek it to a Halloween look. I'm going to tell him I accomplish so much when he is working.

Respected Contributor

A few days after Labor Day.

Respected Contributor

Outdoor fall decorations?   Holy cow.  I've never decorated outside for anything but Xmas.  And I barely do much for that.   Did nothing outside last year except hang a stocking on the front door.  Thankfully, Santa Fe doesn't seem caught up in outdoor decorating for Xmas and never seen anything for any other holiday or season.  

I sometimes put a few fake pumpkins in the living room but not every year.  

Trusted Contributor

Tomorrow I will put my fall wreath on the front door. I also will put my boy and girl scarecrows out front along with my set of solar pumpkins. I will finish by decorating the porch in a week or so (fall rocker cushions, pots of mums, fresh pupmkins and my fall Urn that goes by the front door.) I don't want to do the porch too soon as I want the mums and pumpkins to last for awhile. 

I do remove everything on 10/1 except for the mums and pumpkins to put out the Halloween decorations.  Then the fall stuff goes back out from 11/1 until Thanksgiving. The day affer Thanksgiving, the Christmas decorations go out. I love this time of year!

Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden, what a beautiful entrance.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   Very nice decorations!

Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss  My fall wreath is on the front door and I have some decorations to pick up for outside.  My stoop and walkway were just finished with new landscaping, so I have been waiting.  I am also trying to wait out the rainy and windy weather before putting anything else out.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@wismiss There has been a chill in the evening air here in SE Pennsylvania these past few days. So, I think I'll start this week. (Heck, I probably would have started no matter what the temp!) I also want to see if any additions are needed. I just love decorating for fall! No real pumpkins will go out until the end of Sept. or beginning of Oct.