Honored Contributor

Re: Whats the most unusual name you ever heard?

My nephew named his daughter Sunday Rayne, which is unusual, but I think  very pretty!

Trusted Contributor

I honestly dont know about some parents LOL. I actually went to school with a boy named Jeffrey Q*U*E*E*R..LOL no joke. Poor guy. Also went to school with Rose and Violet Plantz..(twins)

Lived down the street from an undertaker named Mr Coldflesh LOL...ummm ok! LOL. Went to an Orthpaedic surgeon named Dr Axe....no I didnt let him do my surgery LOL. So many weird names eh

Esteemed Contributor

I had a friend ... an RN and assistant director of nursing at the largest public hospital in Chicago ...  named Charity Ward.  

Sometimes when calls came in asking for Charity Ward, some telephone operators who didn't know who she was, would  reply ... "the wards are ALL charity ... we don't  charge."

Trusted Contributor

I have a male student whose first name is Kevlar....like Kevlar helmets they make for the NFL.

Honored Contributor

Someone I grew up with named their daughter Jezebel.

Honored Contributor

My Dads dentist was Dr Irving Bark, imagine calling informaiton and asking for Dr I Bark lol 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I was a dental hygienist before I retired. For a while, I worked as a federal employee on a military base. There was a Dr. Blood in our clinic.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

I had a student from South Korea once and his name was Hung Dong.

True story – but I’m not sure this post will make it past the censors.  I worked in Silicon Valley and many of the Asian employees adopted Americanized first names.  One of my coworkers, Hung Dong, preferred to go by “Peter.”

When he and a group of other new employees showed up for their first day on the job, one of the engineers innocently asked him, “Are you Hung?”  Once the words left his mouth, the look on his face was one of horror.

The other engineers never let him forget it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

I worked with a lady who went by the name Mary because her given name was actually Meow... and she found it easier with less snickering or questions than to answer a phone call saying "This is Meow"  

When I visited a friend in Taiwan, we visited for a couple days a friend of hers. Her friend's name was Miao...pronounced "meow."

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Super Contributor

I have a first cousin whose first and middle names are Donna Darling.  I've always loved it!