Honored Contributor

Re: Whatever happened to the poster...............

@occasionalrain wrote:

I don't value tattletales, does anyone?

It seems to me that some posters overlook "tattling" by those that they agree with, so that might qualify as "valuing" them.

I've never reported anyone for anything as I figure it's just not my job and further, I think it's good to leave comments as they are so that you can see where someone actually stands and it can't later be denied,

I don't really know how anyone here can know for certain why any particular individual is banned.  They can guess, but that seems to me to be about it.

As far as "flagging" goes, why would QVC give the option to do so if it were off limits?  Or maybe the poster really has violated the stated rule that over reporting is reason for their banning.  

Honored Contributor

So if one reports a post or poster, one will get banned? 

Honored Contributor

I would resent someone presuming to do my job for me, as though I were not up to the task. For that reason, I'll trust the BB moderators to look after the posts and I'll stay out of it.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@luvmydoggies wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@luvmydoggies wrote:

One or more of the mods or maybe the web site software have been banning posters permanently -- forever - for simple things like flagging a post even when the flagged post is removed by the mod as inappropriate.

No warnings just permanant bans. I know this from other comments here on the boards and from some of the Facebook group conversations.

So now people are afraid to post or report anything. 

Not a good atmosphere.

Smiley Sad

I find that extremely hard to believe.

I thought so too the first couple of times people told us. 

But then it happened to more people and some of the women are women I've known for years and they never were rude or some of them never even posted much. Smiley Sad

Just be careful because something has changed and you don't want to lose your access. I offer it as a heads up in case it helps someone else.

This isn't to argue specifics about those banned, because I'm sure I don't know them all, but a couple over the last couple of years that have been banned, earned it. 

One keeps coming back with a new nic, and it is apparent quite quickly just who they are. 

Others I'm not sure are back, but they were relentless in breaking the rules. 

And the moderation here isn't always consistent. So that presents issues too.

@Mominohio  ^This.  Especially the new nic routine which may account for some of the banning.  

There was a massive banning before this upgrade; long-time posters were voted off the island, so to speak.

But they were given a second chance with this new upgrade and behaved-for a bit.

It isn't hard to read between the lines with some; veiled insults are not so clever.

Eventually some from that group were gone again.

I don't know how they are found out; but I can tell you at least 6 old-timers who were banned got back in, same nic, then disappeared again.  But some new nics are not so new.

I remember ennui, too.  I don't know what happened to her; I don't remember any problems in her RL that may have lead to her leaving.  I wish her the best.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I think the participation here has dropped since a year ago. Between the uneven moderation, bannings and some of the cruelty I have witnessed here, it has become less enjoyable to post. One after one posters are either leaving or were banned. I wonder just how long these boards will be around. 

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmydoggies wrote:

One or more of the mods or maybe the web site software have been banning posters permanently -- forever - for simple things like flagging a post even when the flagged post is removed by the mod as inappropriate.

No warnings just permanant bans. I know this from other comments here on the boards and from some of the Facebook group conversations.

So now people are afraid to post or report anything. 

Not a good atmosphere.

Smiley Sad

Or maybe people just maybe people move on, lose interest and stop posting for many reason.  The poster the OP mentioned hasn't posted in many years.

Honored Contributor

I will say one more thing-the recent banning of a certain old-timer had me taking a break from here for a bit.

While I locked horns many times with her, I never forgot a kindness she posted about my DS.  Later we put down our swords and were posting together just fine.

You see- I don't foget a kindness.  And I have to remind myself that we are all in the same boat in life, just with a different crew.  So I keep in mind that my posts were not always the kindest; and yet kindness was still shown to me.

We can scratch, we can claw, we can bite and back-stab; we can hurt people.

We can also own our stuff; we can extend the olive branch, we can move on either with a new friendship, a renewed friendship, or an agreement to just not engage anymore.

It's about choice.  It doesn't matter who makes the first move; as long as the move is made.  This isn't just about this board; it's about life.

I see remarks made about me; and I think how sad it must be to not be able to let go of some long ago forgotten (and probably skewered memory) tiff that really wasn't all that important to begin with.

So sometimes I leave for a bit and stay offline with the ones who have held me up in my darkest times during RL issues; these are the ladies I love as cherished friends.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3

Great post!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

I remember ennui fondly.   I hope she’s well 

I have no idea why they are banning people for using “report inappropriate”.   Why have it at all?

Honored Contributor

@Bri63 wrote:

I remember ennui fondly.   I hope she’s well 

I have no idea why they are banning people for using “report inappropriate”.   Why have it at all?

@Bri63.  I agree. Get rid of it!