Regular Contributor

Re: Whatever happened to the poster...............

@BalletBabe

Im sorry for your loss too.

Youre a very very kind person. I've always noticed that.❤️

Honored Contributor

I remember her. I enjoyed having her here and loved her username too!

Esteemed Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Judaline, I remember ennui too.  

@BalletBabe, I remember you and I think your story about your online friends helping you IRL is special.  I am sorry for your loss❤️.  LM

Thank You @Lilysmom.  I remember you as well. They are a very special group of girls. 

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmydoggies wrote:

@BalletBabe

Im sorry for your loss too.

Youre a very very kind person. I've always noticed that.❤️

@luvmydoggies   Thanks so much!

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

"ennui"? I always thought it was such a clever nick and I love the word, anyway. It occurred to me I haven't seen her posting for quite a while.

@Judaline,  I miss her, too.   She had some lively, interesting posts and was such an asset to the community.   If my memory isn't too fuzzy...  I think she used to post quite a bit on the pearl threads and also that she and @esmeraldagooch were friends?

If so, perhaps they're still in touch away from here.  I hope she's doing well.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@BalletBabe 

Makes valid points, personally can't imagine becoming close with someone never met, I'm cautious about emotional connections on social media. 

@Sweet_Serenity   You know I felt that way at one time.  It never happened here, but several years ago, I was playing a game called ice breakers on aol.  They had a chat on the side of the game and several of us got to really like each other.  Aol started having issues with the chat, and everyone was having a fit that we could not talk anymore.   I opened a chatroom for us and we met in there for about 8 years and had a blast.  We  meet on facebook now.  These girls sent my hubby a shower chair when he was sick.   They pitched in and sent me money when my hubby passed. They have all become some of the best friends I ever had. 

❤️ @BalletBabe❤️   You've been through so much sadness.   My heart goes out to you.   I agree with you about forming connections on the internet -- I've done so, and with only one exception that comes to mind I've found people of good will, loving hearts, and sweet, supportive spirits.   I'm glad you found this, too.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't find @luvmydoggies' comment hard to believe, and I do think it's an important and factual heads up.   I'd rather presume that's she wants to relay beneficial information.  My reaction is partly because I think most people are truthful and I give them the benefit of the doubt -- but, in this case, especially since I've become aware of some similar very perplexing situations and I know it's true in their cases.    Haven't spoken up about them because I'm still extremely puzzled by some of the confusing changes that seem to be underway.

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo, good to see you posting again!  LM

Trusted Contributor

To avoid being banned for flagging.  If you see many offensive posts in a single thread and you flag all of them, well, I think that's obvious to understand, though not fair imo to ever ban the person doing the reporting.  If you were part of that discussion, sometimes you are caught in the same net as the offensive people.  It's how you react that determines your fate.  

People react differently when it happens to them.  Some cuss out the mods in emails or over the phone ranting about all the bad apples who are left and how dare they eliminate you.  Those who do that usually don't get back on.    

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@dooBdoo, good to see you posting again!  LM

Thanks, @Lilysmom!  That's so kind of you!❤️