Respected Contributor

Re: Whatever happened to the poster...............

It’s good to see a discussion here on how careful we need to be before reporting and the sharing of experiences—all in an informative, respectful manner. Some great discussions are locked and I cannot see why, and then there are threads that remain when they are clearly speculating on appearances to start gossip but in a guise of saying how lovely the person is but looks “different.” It is truly confusing to me what is grounds for banning. I agree, you nice ladies are the reason I continue to read and interact. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

It’s good to see a discussion here on how careful we need to be before reporting and the sharing of experiences—all in an informative, respectful manner. Some great discussions are locked and I cannot see why, and then there are threads that remain when they are clearly speculating on appearances to start gossip but in a guise of saying how lovely the person is but looks “different.” It is truly confusing to me what is grounds for banning. I agree, you nice ladies are the reason I continue to read and interact. 

@SunValley  When I get puzzled with things, I go to the travel forum.  I do not travel, so I talk about my travels to my mailbox, or around my yard.   LOL   Bunch of great posters over there!

Honored Contributor

I am one that doesn’t know what to think but I wish they would give us the rules to give everyone a fair chance to comply.I am positive that most people would try to follow the guidelines if they knew what they were.

I miss many posters and lately it seems a large amount disappeared at once.I have been here a long time and I really do enjoy everyone so I hope that the clean up is over.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvmydoggies wrote:

One or more of the mods or maybe the web site software have been banning posters permanently -- forever - for simple things like flagging a post even when the flagged post is removed by the mod as inappropriate.

No warnings just permanant bans. I know this from other comments here on the boards and from some of the Facebook group conversations.

So now people are afraid to post or report anything. 

Not a good atmosphere.

Smiley Sad

I am so glad somebody else spoke up about this!

I posted when I was here last time about our facebook QVC group members all at once having bans. Permanent. No time out or warning. 

Maybe I'll add my detailed post here.

I wonder could it be a mistake since it's happening to many customers?

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvmydoggies wrote:

thank you @dooBdoo!  Guess people assume it's not true if it hasn't happened to them or their friends. Smiley Sad

@luvmydoggies - whether posters "find it hard to believe " or not is their problem. Why would a person make this up,for what gain?

I posted this before & this thread is a good place to repeat.

I wouldn't of shared it if it wasn't true and so upsetting & important enough to warn my QVC posting Friends here, &I knew I was to chance getting myself blocked for posting it.

I talked to my DH & daughters & I stopped posting for awhile to think about this

and we're stopping all our family QVC purchasing for now.

Something has changed with moderation. The mods don't interact on the boards as much as they used to. They are also banning posters permanently -- for simple things that are very confusing!!

I participate in a private local facebook page of qvc customers, we share reviews, pix of our purchases, etc, and I became a member here because they suggested it. Then all of the sudden recently 3 of the members got banned from the q community boards. Permanently, no warning. I've never known anybody in buying together and posting here that was banned, now 3 are.

One of them reported 2 nasty political posts, the Mods closed the thread and removed the reported posts, but then banned her for "excessive flagging". The others reported 1 post, mod removed it, and they also were banned forever for excessive flagging (and one saw a red message "excessive flagging and fraudulent or invalid account" or something like that). Made no sense.

These were not frivolous reports (clearly since the Mods deleted the reported posts) or excessive. They tried to contact the q social team to see if it was a mistake and their emails were not answered. They are very kind quiet ladies.

One of them is our Bible Study teacher!!!

They said they will not purchase anymore from the Q after this experience. I wonder what's going on.

Anyway heads up and think twice before reporting anything, even the things that are glaring violations.

People are & should be afraid to report posts and are afraid to say much of anything anymore.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

:

This isn't to argue specifics about those banned, because I'm sure I don't know them all, but a couple over the last couple of years that have been banned, earned it. 

One keeps coming back with a new nic, and it is apparent quite quickly just who they are. 

Others I'm not sure are back, but they were relentless in breaking the rules. 

And the moderation here isn't always consistent. So that presents issues too.

Correct @Mominohio

Esteemed Contributor

There are 2 sides to every story and people also can see the same situation very differently.

Have a great holiday weekend

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I don't value tattletales, does anyone?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I don't value tattletales, does anyone?

Well.....that is a loaded question.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

@addymarie wrote:

@luvmydoggies wrote:

thank you @dooBdoo!  Guess people assume it's not true if it hasn't happened to them or their friends. Smiley Sad

@luvmydoggies - whether posters "find it hard to believe " or not is their problem. Why would a person make this up,for what gain?

I posted this before & this thread is a good place to repeat.

I wouldn't of shared it if it wasn't true and so upsetting & important enough to warn my QVC posting Friends here, &I knew I was to chance getting myself blocked for posting it.

I talked to my DH & daughters & I stopped posting for awhile to think about this

and we're stopping all our family QVC purchasing for now.

Something has changed with moderation. The mods don't interact on the boards as much as they used to. They are also banning posters permanently -- for simple things that are very confusing!!

I participate in a private local facebook page of qvc customers, we share reviews, pix of our purchases, etc, and I became a member here because they suggested it. Then all of the sudden recently 3 of the members got banned from the q community boards. Permanently, no warning. I've never known anybody in buying together and posting here that was banned, now 3 are.

One of them reported 2 nasty political posts, the Mods closed the thread and removed the reported posts, but then banned her for "excessive flagging". The others reported 1 post, mod removed it, and they also were banned forever for excessive flagging (and one saw a red message "excessive flagging and fraudulent or invalid account" or something like that). Made no sense.

These were not frivolous reports (clearly since the Mods deleted the reported posts) or excessive. They tried to contact the q social team to see if it was a mistake and their emails were not answered. They are very kind quiet ladies.

One of them is our Bible Study teacher!!!

They said they will not purchase anymore from the Q after this experience. I wonder what's going on.

Anyway heads up and think twice before reporting anything, even the things that are glaring violations.

People are & should be afraid to report posts and are afraid to say much of anything anymore.

@addymarie  I agree with you 100%.   I cosed my Q card one several months ago for having a post removed and had no clue why.  I do order still order, but not very much.