Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whatever happened to the poster...............

@dooBdoo  I'm not offended & I didn't necessarily think you were insinuating anything --- I just wanted to clarify my post.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@dooBdoo  I'm not offended & I didn't necessarily think you were insinuating anything --- I just wanted to clarify my post.

Thanks for understanding, @YorkieonmyPillow.  I'm thankful that you said something so we could clarify.❤️  

I hope you and yours have a safe and peaceful holiday weekend.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the replies. I hope she's ok, too. She wouldn't remember, but I remember agreeing with a lot of things she agreed with!

And speaking of nice girls. I think you all are some of the nicest ones around.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. I hope she's ok, too. She wouldn't remember, but I remember agreeing with a lot of things she agreed with!

@Judaline Back at you.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Judaline,  We do have a lovely bunch of posters and you are one of them!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

There are posters who will report fellow posters they dislike or posters whose views they hate; they deserve to be banned. I have yet to read a post that deserves to be reported. 

Esteemed Contributor

To all of you!  This is one of the nicest threads that I have posted on in ages.  I thank all of you for your kind words.  Life is hard at times for everyone.  It is nice that there are still good caring people in the world.  I know when my hubby first passed, so many of you gave me so much support.  This proves that even strangers can help get you through things.  Then those strangers are suddenly your friends.    xoxoxoxoxo

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain  Oh I did a few years ago.  Christmas Day.  I think the mods were off.   It was a nasty person.   Not sure about other years because that was the only one that I was on here.

Honored Contributor

@luvmydoggies wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@luvmydoggies wrote:

One or more of the mods or maybe the web site software have been banning posters permanently -- forever - for simple things like flagging a post even when the flagged post is removed by the mod as inappropriate.

No warnings just permanant bans. I know this from other comments here on the boards and from some of the Facebook group conversations.

So now people are afraid to post or report anything. 

Not a good atmosphere.

Smiley Sad

I find that extremely hard to believe.

I thought so too the first couple of times people told us. 

But then it happened to more people and some of the women are women I've known for years and they never were rude or some of them never even posted much. Smiley Sad

Just be careful because something has changed and you don't want to lose your access. I offer it as a heads up in case it helps someone else.

This isn't to argue specifics about those banned, because I'm sure I don't know them all, but a couple over the last couple of years that have been banned, earned it. 

One keeps coming back with a new nic, and it is apparent quite quickly just who they are. 

Others I'm not sure are back, but they were relentless in breaking the rules. 

And the moderation here isn't always consistent. So that presents issues too.

Respected Contributor

It is pretty hard to know exactly what goes on behind the scenes of this forum, partly because they don't explain and they probably don't want to. But I agree with @Mominohio. Years ago there were several posters who used multiple posting identities and obviously the reasons weren't good. Between creating a false majority and using it to pummel anyone who disagreed with them or their like-minded forum friends, or using the false majority to "report" anything they disagreed with making it look like it was offensive to the "majority" causing it to be removed without regard to its appropriateness or not, it was a lose lose situation. "They" would say terrible things.

A few bragged about their ability to wield this "power" For years we all saw what was going on and many pleaded for the banning of those who abused the "only one account" standard. Maybe the moderators are now using more than the IP address since that could be masked or dynamic making it harder to single any poster out as an abuser of the standards for participation. Maybe they have changed with the times and started using a higher level of security requiring a more advanced handling of those accessing the forums as well as the shopping end, although they appear separate but the security practices are not available to me.