Honored Contributor

Whatever happened to the poster...............

"ennui"? I always thought it was such a clever nick and I love the word, anyway. It occurred to me I haven't seen her posting for quite a while.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whatever happened to the poster...............

@Judaline wrote:

"ennui"? I always thought it was such a clever nick and I love the word, anyway. It occurred to me I haven't seen her posting for quite a while.

@Judaline  Never heard of that poster but I can tell you almost all the posters that I used to interact with are gone.    I know a few left because they said too many of their comments were being deleted.   I also know several have been ill.  It definitly has changed here, which is why I don't post often.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe 

Makes valid points, personally can't imagine becoming close with someone never met, I'm cautious about emotional connections on social media. 

Honored Contributor

I recall that name too, but I don't have an answer your question.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@BalletBabe 

Makes valid points, personally can't imagine becoming close with someone never met, I'm cautious about emotional connections on social media. 

@Sweet_Serenity   You know I felt that way at one time.  It never happened here, but several years ago, I was playing a game called ice breakers on aol.  They had a chat on the side of the game and several of us got to really like each other.  Aol started having issues with the chat, and everyone was having a fit that we could not talk anymore.   I opened a chatroom for us and we met in there for about 8 years and had a blast.  We  meet on facebook now.  These girls sent my hubby a shower chair when he was sick.   They pitched in and sent me money when my hubby passed. They have all become some of the best friends I ever had. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

https://community.qvc.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/user?advanced=false&auto_complete=false&q=ennui

don't know which you're looking for

just tap/click on the name

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

One or more of the mods or maybe the web site software have been banning posters permanently -- forever - for simple things like flagging a post even when the flagged post is removed by the mod as inappropriate.

No warnings just permanant bans. I know this from other comments here on the boards and from some of the Facebook group conversations.

So now people are afraid to post or report anything. 

Not a good atmosphere.

Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmydoggies wrote:

One or more of the mods or maybe the web site software have been banning posters permanently -- forever - for simple things like flagging a post even when the flagged post is removed by the mod as inappropriate.

No warnings just permanant bans. I know this from other comments here on the boards and from some of the Facebook group conversations.

Not a good atmosphere.

Smiley Sad

I find that extremely hard to believe.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline, I remember ennui too.  

@BalletBabe, I remember you and I think your story about your online friends helping you IRL is special.  I am sorry for your loss❤️.  LM

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@luvmydoggies wrote:

Not a good atmosphere.

Smiley Sad

I find that extremely hard to believe.

I thought so too the first couple of times people told us. 

But then it happened to more people and some of the women are women I've known for years. Smiley Sad

Just be careful because something's different than before and you don't want to lose your access. I offer it as a heads up in case it helps someone else.