Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whatever Happened to Integrity of Public Officials?

You and the horse you road in on...and don't come back!!!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure of what you're speaking of, but nothing surprises me anymore. 

Saddens me, disgusts me, ticks me off.  I happened to fly into Phila last election day and drove to NYC to watch my grandchildren. 

I heard an ad for Wolfe on the radio as we were driving and it was the most vile, disgusting thing you could possibly hear on the radio.  It stayed with me all that day even after we were with our precious grandchildren. 

It was the worst!

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I'm not sure of what you're speaking of, but nothing surprises me anymore. 

Saddens me, disgusts me, ticks me off.  I happened to fly into Phila last election day and drove to NYC to watch my grandchildren. 

I heard an ad for Wolfe on the radio as we were driving and it was the most vile, disgusting thing you could possibly hear on the radio.  It stayed with me all that day even after we were with our precious grandchildren. 

It was the worst!

I know, we have had that happen in Philly too.  It happens all over which is very sad.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree on term limits. That would solve some of the problems.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF  Not the horse's fault. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Best example of an oxymoron:  Integrity and public officials.  They're as rare as the dodo bird.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Esteemed Contributor

@Puzzle Piece

Okay, the horse can stay.  Smiley Wink

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@hsawaknow wrote:

I totally agree on term limits. That would solve some of the problems.

ABSOLUTELY no need for term limits.  Why get rid of someone who does a good job?  The problem is with the voters.  Voters don't demand. . . voters aren't educated on the issues.  Voters pick a party, vote that party only, and it is like the World Wide Wresteling from then on.  It's a game and a sham, and people are NOT voting on the real issues that affect this country.

All we know to do is take a side. . . 

Honored Contributor

Gee.........Now that I'm thinking about it ....(again, lol)........A hundred years ago, I remember watching a documentary or something similar:  I believe (I'm not sure, though) it was about voting in a Scandinavian country? .......... Anyway, at that time, they said that a voting information-guide book was sent to each voter which contained all of the PAST political endeavors re: each person running for public office. A summary of each and every factual political endeavor that each person had accomplished/voted/etc.  Emphasize what they had ALREADY ACCOMPLISHED.  I thought it was a good idea, all in one booklet.   Sometimes we like to review their past endeavors, rather than too many promises that sometimes are never accomplished and/or even attempted.  Also, so many cards/pamphlets in the mail and on our doorsteps is a bit too confusing.  I'd rather mark/ highlight important past accomplishments all in in one booklet.   The documentary stated that's how most citizens there vote, according to past accomplishments, rather than vague promises. Well, I thought I'd throw this into the mix.  Right or wrong, etc. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

"Whatever Happened to Integrity of Public Officials?"

What integrity?

There has always been corruption with public officials.

Exactly. There has been corruption in public office as far back as Ancient Egypt at least. It's just that in the 21st C we find out about it. There isn't more of it now, it's just more discoverable now.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all