Respected Contributor

Whatever Happened To Kraft's PIMENTO Cheese Singles , Have Any Of You Ever Made Your Own, And Did You Know That It's A ?

"southern thing?"

DH was making noises about pimento cheese the other day, so I thought I'd pick up some Kraft pimento singles. Looks like that was discontinued. Long ago. I got Kraft's pimento spread, thinking maybe that would do but, I have to say, it doesn't look like the pimento spread I used to see--the pic on the jar looks like it's loaded with pimento but, looking at it through the jar, it seems to be....blended, and I didn't notice any flecks of pimento much less pieces, either.

I did some research on the web and found that pimento cheese has its roots out south. In fact, a few years ago, a NC woman did her Master's thesis in Folklore on pimento cheese. Apparently, they were grown in the south when pimentos from Spain became too expensive. In fact, while I was asking the Wegmans employee where to find the spread, a woman overheard and we began talking about it. She said that her relatives in TN make their own pimento cheese. Have any of you ever made your own?

What worries you masters you.
QVC Customer Care

Re: Whatever Happened To Kraft's PIMENTO Cheese Singles , Have Any Of You Ever Made Your Own, And Di