Respected Contributor

Do you believe what you truly look like to others is your image in the mirror or how you look in photos and selfies?  I read an article that said the photos are more accurate than the mirror.  However, I think I look lousy in most photos so this must mean I am actually must uglier than I think I am.  What do you think?

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx  if you beleive half of what you read, and 1/2 of what you see, you might find the truth

I have seen beautiful people that take lousy photos....

Esteemed Contributor

I think I look a lot heavier in photos than I do in the mirror.  But everyone else looks the same size in photos and in real life!  But I have already lost weight, so I hope I get to the point that I look as good in photos as I think I do in the mirror.  As far as my face, well, once in awhile a good photo is taken!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I think I "look" better in my bathroom...even the mirror/visor in my truck then I do in any photos I take!  

While on vacation a lady seated few rows in front of us at a Vegas shows was doing a selfie...she was leaning way back and slightly over so I said to husband look at her why is she doing that? Let's try that move and see....we did it for laughs and guess what we both looked better....it/gravity made our bags less visible LOL!  The things you learn!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I suspect that what I "look like" to others is a reflection of how they feel I have treated them in the past. 

Honored Contributor

I never take good pictures... at least I do not think so.....and other than being forced to renew my drivers license picture every 7 years or so, I have not had a picture taken for 20 years or more..  HATE PICTURES TAKEN.

I heard that some people are just not photogenic even if  in person pretty to look at.  That is me.  I am told I am very attractive in person...but pictures  taken that I see, all I see are my faults.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am my worst critic when it comes to how I perceive myself in photos and in the mirror (is my hiney too big, make-up too dark etc.) I am a girly girl in that I love hair and make-up, but, it is my perception of my true SELF that I strive to make my most beautiful asset.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx -

That is so cute! I know we would just get alongSmiley Happy

I always think I am very unphotogenic.

And even though my children and best friend say I am beautiful, I think they are just loving me not the way I look, or beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.I think I am beautiful to them because I'm their mom.

I also think we tend to see all our faults and those that love us may see some but its not the overriding thing, they seeSmiley HappyHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx   I think I look terrible in most photos.  Lately, there are times that I think I look terrible in the mirror too, though!  LOL

I'm cleaning out my house for sale (slowly, since I'm now living across the country, so I'm not there to do the work!), and came across come old photos that I remember as being terrible.  In reality, I looked pretty good them!  That's the exception.  I really do look awful in most photos, and hope that I look better in person.

Respected Contributor

Re: What you look like

[ Edited ]

@GrouchomarxI'm in total denial.   I thought i looked ok in my mirror until I saw a photo.  Now I never look at photos

i