Trusted Contributor

What year and make was your first car? Did you love it or not?

My first car was a 49 Black Chevrolet. Worst part it was a stick shift. I did not know how to drive one. I learned and I couldn't stop in middle of hill because I was afraid of the car rolling backwards when I shifted. So at a red light I would stop at bottom of a hill then go. Needles to say the people behind me were fuming. I loved that car . Still think about it today how lucky I was to have it.
Trusted Contributor

Re: What year and make was your first car? Did you love it or not?

1971 VW Karmann Ghia convertible, brand new, for my 16th birthday.  It was orange with a brown top!  My parents had brought home a red Fiat for me to look at, but they decided on the KG.  I hated it!!!  If it had been a different color, maybe I would have liked it.  Being grateful just to have a car never entered my mind - it was simply awful.  After a year, they gave me a 1972 Triumph 2000 GTV - navy blue with baby blue interior.  Much better ...

Respected Contributor

1980 Chevy Monza-Red- LOVED IT!!!

I was 21 when I finally got my first car, but it was brand new!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Respected Contributor

1953 Brown Ford.

Respected Contributor

1956 Chevy BelAir.  Loved it.

th[1].jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My first car was a '77 BLACK T-bird! Ooh, yeah. 

5761a.jpg

Respected Contributor

I never owned a car. After I got married, I took adult driver's ed and got my driver's license. I took my driving test in our (DH's at the time of my marriage) car. It was a new white 1963 Dodge Dart 2 door hard top with push button transmission. It was the nicest car to drive and to ride in. I seldom drive, but still have my license.

Honored Contributor

A bright red 1960 Studebaker Lark.  DH taught me to drive using this car with a few minor "bumps" in the road.

PS:  We are still married!  LOL 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

A '59 Chevy convertible, brand new, blue exterior, white interior . . . with the "wings" in the back, whitewall tires.  I felt like a princess.  My beloved sister and I had a ball in that car!!  Paid for it myself too.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

1962 Chevy Corvair! My dad bought it for me. It was 10 years old. I didn't have my license yet -couldn't parallel park with my parents big Chevy Impala. At first I hated the color -fire engine red but grew to love it! Had some great times in that car and boy was it easy to park!...LOL!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran