Esteemed Contributor

Re: What would you have done? (puppy situation)

@SahmIam - The only thing being hurt by this is that poor puppy - Your friend is an enabler and the son is a doormat.

He might want to reconsider the family he is marrying into. Especially if they treat an innocent animal like this. 

Respected Contributor

@Marp  I am with you.   I knew I shouldn't have read this post as my head & heart hurt for this pup.  I can only hope for karma to reach those ************who said that he bit children.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

@SahmIam 

This was a difficult thread for you to have started.

What happened to the dog, was it put down, was it located.

With respect to you and others the question should maybe be answered.

@chiclets, as stated in post 33 no one knows where the dog was dropped off and the family isn't telling.

I will say, however, this is a six-month old Golden Doodle so if it did go to animal control unless it is one of those facilities that should be closed immediately the puppy would not be put down.

A puppy that didn't bite would be unusual and when kids are part of the mix play biting should be expected.  The facility would take that into account.

IMO the puppy has more likely than not already be adopted or rescued.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam  I would have fostered the powerless, defenseless puppy until a place at a rescue or permanent home could be found. There must be good reasons why you or you friend (since it was his/her doormat, moron son who set this in motions) couldn’t do that. 

I blame the father for the treatment but the friend’s son created ALL of this and what happens to the pup is squarely on him. It sounds like he can’t wait  to spend your friend’s money. 

Your friend isn’t bright either as/if s/he is still subsidizing him at 29. 

An 8-year engagement?  Maybe they’re both idiots. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@chiclets  exactly.  I would do the same.  There seems to be too much, oh it's a done deal here with the puppy.  If it had been a child thrown out, wouldn't the story end differently?  IMHO, it isn't over until it's over. & then some.  

These people should be reported to the authorities & and all shelters.  Social media could work wonders in finding out where the pup is, that is if too much time has not passed.  

In answer to the OP, I would have taken the dog immediately, been before he was chained outside.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp ..I hope and pray that you are right!..When I saw the title to this thread, instinct told me maybe I better not open it, but I just couldn't help myself!..I can't get this precious little innocent puppy out of my mind!..Your post has helped me to feel a little better and I'm imagining this puppy now in the care of a wonderful loving forever home! Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I didn't read all of the posts other than the original and my buddy Marp's comment.  Incidentally I'm thinking Marp and I are sisters from a different mister Heart

I'm sorry that an innocent puppy is caught in the middle of all of this drama.  I'm sorry that OP's dear friend even shared this with OP because any one of us here (and there are many) who loves animals don't need to hear this nonsense when we are not in a position to help.  It's the kind of story that makes one's blood boil Woman Happy

All I can say is that OP's dear friend's son is something else.  If this didn't wake him up to the type of family he's marrying into or wants to marry into then I don't know what to say.

Again, I don't care if dear friend's son gets his behind kicked by his girlfriends family.  Dude is 29 and it's a fair fight.

The young puppy meanwhile cannot speak English and tell it's side of the story and has now gone from the breeder's home where he was cherished and raised with it's Mom to some animal control caged environment.

I sincerely believe that Karma should not be feared as she is a teacher.  She helps us get back on track to 'being right'.  I certainly hopes she pays a visit, sooner rather than later, to all of the twits involved in this situation.

In the meantime, I will pray for the little dog who didn't ask for any of this.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Marp 

Thank you for your post. It eases my mind and heart.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama well-said & clearly my thoughts.  My prayers go to this pup & all other living creatures to whom have been let down my humans. 💔

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@occasionalrainNo one knows where they dropped off the dog and the Family isn't telling; the Fiance doesn't know. The breeder lives more than 2 hours away and is in the process of moving and she spent her time while this is going on to find someone and now it's too late.

The breeder has known these people for at least 10 years (Son and Fiance) so they weren't strangers. She was shocked. 

Sad all around. The attitude that an animal is "disposable" is what sickens me. I mean...how? Just...how?

@SahmIamWell, you did say they were a different culture.  Some don't value any life as much as we do.  And even WE don't value it as much as we should. 

Keepin' it real.