Super Contributor

Re: What would you have done? (puppy situation)

If I'd been given all of this information, I'd totally ignore the people-part of the story. They are all adults and make (or don't make) their own decisions.

The puppy is the only important part of this story - been turned into a shelter as a bite case. As soon as I heard the information, I'd have been on the phone to every shelter in the area asking if they had that dog, explain it was dumped there out of spite and put in an application to adopt it or contact local rescue groups to see if they'd pull it. I'd do whatever I could to make sure that puppy was out of that shelter.

Honored Contributor

I'm more concerned about the puppy.  I'd try to adopt this dog.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Catty2 wrote:

With so many rescues and shelters there is no reason to pay $350 for a dog.  This isn't the dog's fault, it's the family's fault.  I'm hoping that the dog hasn't been put down since they lied and said it bit children.  Hoping it will find a forever family who knows how to take care of a puppy.  Classic example of people who shouldn't have a dog or any pet.     

@Catty2   There are a lot of valid reasons to pay for a puppy.  While it is wonderful to get a shelter dog, I also think it is wonderful for people who love and support different breeds of dogs.

I am very afraid that wonderful, beautiful, loving dog breeds will simply cease to exist because people are sometime vilified for buy one.  Do you really want to not see cocker spaniels any more?  I sure don't!  

I belong to a collie rescue group. And I keep wondering when the rescue group will fold. I can't tell you the last time there was a collie available.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The dog is the victim here.

I have no respect for the people who took him to the shelter.

No respect for the lie they told about the dog biting. The dog now has a label, dog a biter.

An innocent animal put in a shelter. Shame for all involved.

If the son had a backbone he would call animal control, and the police, and they would make the people responsible for placing the dog in the shelter tell them where it is at, and the lie about the dog being a danger to anyone.

A disgusting situation.

In this situation if I knew these people I would get involve. I would go to the police myself, or call animal control, and tell them. I would get the word out. No, I would not give a darn what these individuals thought of me. I would not watch and do nothing. No it is not my fight, but there is a victim here, an animal, a mistreated animal.

Respected Contributor

I have no comment nor concern about ANY of the horrible people involved in this situation.

I only care about an innocent dog who is likely dead by now.

I wish I hadn't opened this thread.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Catty2 wrote:

With so many rescues and shelters there is no reason to pay $350 for a dog.  This isn't the dog's fault, it's the family's fault.  I'm hoping that the dog hasn't been put down since they lied and said it bit children.  Hoping it will find a forever family who knows how to take care of a puppy.  Classic example of people who shouldn't have a dog or any pet.     

@Catty2   There are a lot of valid reasons to pay for a puppy.  While it is wonderful to get a shelter dog, I also think it is wonderful for people who love and support different breeds of dogs.

I am very afraid that wonderful, beautiful, loving dog breeds will simply cease to exist because people are sometime vilified for buy one.  Do you really want to not see cocker spaniels any more?  I sure don't!  

@Sooner, there are breed specific rescues.  DH and I are partial to Boxers.  We have adopted through a Boxer rescue group and boxers are brought in to pounds and other rescue groups.

No, there really isn't a reason to purchase a dog from a breeder.

@Lipstickdiva  If you don't have breeders, reputable ones, who love, respect and breed the dogs, and can afford the business or hobby, the dog breeds will no longer exist.  To me that is a big reason to buy a dog if you love the breed.  

It is a HUGE reason to seek out and buy, for me, a cocker that will be part of your family for many many years. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

I have no comment nor concern about ANY of the horrible people involved in this situation.

I only care about an innocent dog who is likely dead by now.

I wish I hadn't opened this thread.  Smiley Sad

@Bridgegal 

I was just about to post the same thing, that I regret even opening this horrible thread about such a disgusting situation.

I had nightmares about this poor pup, last night.

I will be more selective in threads I read from now on.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

The way people treat animals tells me all I need to know about them.   To be so cruel and heartless breaks my heart.  I would stay far away from the people who bought the dog.  Anyone who can lie about, and dump, a dog is not worth my time of day.  

Five years ago, I adopted a rescue who had been horribly abused and neglected.  He'll never be a normal dog but he knows he's loved and protected with me.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam 

This was a difficult thread for you to have started.

What happened to the dog, was it located.

With respect to you and others the question should maybe be answered.