Honored Contributor

What would you do in this situation

I was supposed to have an 11 30 am phone interview, 1130 came and went I sat here patently for 45 minutes. I was living, I then sent a polite email to the person.

I am a woman of my word, if I am not somewhere when I say I text or e mail that I will be late. Only excuse would be if she was in the ER otherwise -- no buneo

thanks all 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: What would you do in this situation

@I am still oxox wrote:

I was supposed to have an 11 30 am phone interview, 1130 came and went I sat here patently for 45 minutes. I was living, I then sent a polite email to the person.

I am a woman of my word, if I am not somewhere when I say I text or e mail that I will be late. Only excuse would be if she was in the ER otherwise -- no buneo

thanks all 

The same thing happened to me after I was hospitalized last year. It was regarding a new diagnosis and treatment plan. She never called and I waited around for hours. About a week later she phoned.....no apology.....no explanation. I was no longer interested in anything she had to say after that and told her I had an appointment.

Respected Contributor

I guess if you don't really care one way or the other if you get this job, then go ahead & blow it off.

Otherwise, I'd wait to see what you hear back from them.  We never know what's going on in other people's lives at work or at home.  Give them the benefit of the doubt.  Wouldn't you want the same treatment?

Honored Contributor

If this is an interview for a job I would just assume they had lost interest in hiring me and let it go at that.

Honored Contributor

it probably would depend on the situation what the interview was for.....

was it for a job i desperately needed? i would wait all day if i had to......

was it for a deal i needed for my business? i would probably wait all day if i had to....

is it just an interview for a magazine or newspaper?......i would NOT wait all day and would probably send an email.

is it an interview to get into a particular school?.....i would probably wait all day if i had to.....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A job interview, right ?

If that's the case, and you are not desperate for a job, I would forget about this one and move on.

It's indicative of the type of company or people you would be working for or with - not a good sign.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox

Although I would give them the benefit of the doubt, it just does not seem very professional or courteous.

I agree with @PhilaLady1 - and don't let this experience stop you - keep trying - you'll connect with the perfect one.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

thanks all 

Sounds as if you have already made up your mind.  Personally not how I would approach it.  There are many other things that could have happened.  Depending on what the position is, this could even be a test to see how you would react.  Since you seem to have already blown this one off, good luck in the future.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

The was an employment interview, how could they expect someone to want to work for them

@Trinity11 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

thanks all 

The same thing happened to me after I was hospitalized last year. It was regarding a new diagnosis and treatment plan. She never called and I waited around for hours. About a week later she phoned.....no apology.....no explanation. I was no longer interested in anything she had to say after that and told her I had an appointment.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

That is a company you don't want to work for.  Even if that person had an emergency, unless the place blew up, a coworker should be on the ball and contact you and everyone else with appointments to let them know the appointments would not happen or be rescheduled.  And if they were no longer interested, you do the right thing and let them know that too.  

I believe in the when people show you who they are, believe them and move on.