Honored Contributor

Re: What would you do if you won Powerball???

@2blonde wrote:

I'd buy this place.

I'd like to chip in and buy some better emojies.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Payoff my mortgage and my car.  Then I would basically be free and clear.  The rest I would first make sure my kids are 'endowed' or taken care of.  Then charity or charites.  As for me, I would just go to more square dance festivals across the country.. mostly travel I guess.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Okay, here's your odds depending on what state you live in.  Let's pray the QVC office pool doesn't empty the place out...Smiley Wink

MOST POWERBALL JACKPOTS WON

• Pennsylvania — 16
• Indiana — 11
• Louisiana — 8
• Florida — 7
• Missouri — 7
• Iowa — 6
• Minnesota — 6
• South Carolina — 6
• Arizona — 5
• Connecticut — 5
• Kentucky — 5
• Wisconsin — 5
• New York — 4
• Oklahoma — 4
• West Virginia — 4
• Delaware — 3
• Georgia — 3
• Kansas — 3
• New Hampshire — 3
• New Jersey — 3
• New Mexico — 3
• North Carolina — 3
• South Dakota — 3
• Rhode Island — 3

Compiled by The Star-Ledger
Source: Multi-State Lottery Association

WOO HOO ... I'd be happy to be the first one for TN!!!!!!!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

@Laura14  Hey Laura, maybe we should take a drive to PA!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

What would you get if you picked 4 or 5 of the numbers?

Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I wouldn't share the news with very many people, only those on a need to know basis, for a couple of months. Get the ducks in a row. After the announcement, I would vanish for a while. Taking the cash option would net around $450M; after taxes, there would be about $200M left, luckily my state doesn't have an income tax. With no kids, that would leave me a lot to play with, a significant portion would go to charity. The rest? I would probably move to the Sedona area and build my own private golf course!

I know a woman who was on Price is Right, won a refrigerator and some incidental items totaling about $1,800. You would not believe the phone calls and visits she received from total strangers begging for money, some berating her for not sharing her windfall. What???

For me, it would be incognito, baby!

That's why I would want to have a trust fund for myself, and a top-notch attorney. You want me to give you some $? Here's my attorney's phone number. You talk to them first.

On my list, I might also add a bodyguard who is a blackbelt in several forms of martial art. 

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

Sick to my stomach?  LOL  I think it tells on the back of the tickets.  I've read it somewhere, but I can't remember how much for four.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SuzieGarnet wrote:

We'd do everything in our power to not go public and change our last names to Anonymous, get a good attorney and financial advisor. 

Once everything was said and done, 1st thing to is to bulldoze my MIL's home in Memphis and get her the hail out of her neighborhood, you'd have to know to know & understand..

Many states have to state the winner, after a certain amount of time. No one else can collect for them. If you live in those states, change the name after.

Honored Contributor

Go buy a nice comfy SUV pack up the stuff & move from here. i would not even bother selling our house. I would buy a nice house. I have a sister & brother that can use a lot of help so I would also buy them a house & help them out so they don't have to worry about anything anymore. I have a lot of family members that will have their hands out I'm sure. I would donate some money also. I would seriously have to think about how to spend it. St. Jude's Hospital would be a good starting point.  I would still continue my current lifesytle pretty much.

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

Sick to my stomach?  LOL  I think it tells on the back of the tickets.  I've read it somewhere, but I can't remember how much for four.

It's got to be at least 500,000. I would be happy with that. Anyone know?