Respected Contributor

Re: What would you do if you won Powerball???

I would shop in exclusive stores and purchase many expensive coats, jackets and shoes. I would LMBO when Qvc sent me more emails inviting me to buy something from my wish list that I had deleted many months ago!  (Yes that happens to me right now, although have no idea how or why).  I would have to buy a bigger house for all my new stuff.  

Honored Contributor

A reporter asked a guy on live TV what he wopuld do if he won and he answered "hookers and cocaine".  

Esteemed Contributor

Lots of hookers and cocaine. 

No, I don't know that I would really live that differently or get a different house but I would make sure there wasn't an animal in my county or even state that didn't have a warm place to sleep at night. I would donate lots of money to places that do great things for animals, ex military with medical/mental problems, the foster care system and charities that help single parents.

I would probably take a year off to travel the world with lots of family and friends. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

Travel around the world in luxury.   The rest to friends and charity.

Honored Contributor

Pay off all bills, and those of family and friends. Buy and furnish my dream home. New Mercedes. Travel in luxury. Donate to a wide variety of charities, including many animal charities and for veterans.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Tonight, tonight, tonight. Not sure what I'd do first. I'll wait till I win tonight and let you know tomorrow. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. I have ideas though. Imagine the cookbooks I could own. nah.

Good luck to all. Wouldn't that be wild if someone on here won. If someone does, I'm sure we're related, don't forget to call me! Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I won a big powerball or lottery....

Pay for my parents to move to a senior living center type apartment

Pay for my disabled sister to live in a place with her own space but with some help for the issues she has.  

Help my kids...pay off student loans, buy them homes, etc.

Sell my home and buy a townhome

I might even buy a townhome next to mine for my disabled sister

Put a truckload of it into an annuity or some product for monthly income

Help my siblings and their kids

Travel to see my son and his wife and my grandkids

A chunk would go to my church

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a long list of what I'd do if I were ever fortunate enough to win a large sum of money ($1,000,000 or more):

pay off every single one of my bills, including my mortgage & then turn around & sell my townhouse. I would then move to an area that doesn't have the weather extremes that IL does. I would love to move back to Hawaii & I'd be able to afford it. 

pay off all the bills for all 3 of my kids, buy them all their own houses. Since I'd be living in Hawaii, I'd be flying back often to see my kids.My daughter's boyfriend is a contractor, he does excellent work & wants to own his own business one day. I would go into partnership with him & help him open that business. I think she wants to open her own daycare, I'd help her with that. My youngest hasn't shared what his dreams/wishes are but I'd help him attain them.

I would go to VA to see my oldest son & his family, probably buy a condo there so that I could visit them for extended periods of time

I'm close to a couple that are both very sick & can't work. They both have good insurance so they're medically covered so I'd pay their house off for them & help out in whatever other way they needed.

I would make sizeable donations to my favorite charities

I would start my own no kill animal shelter since there's a dire shortage of them & they're usually full because of irresponsible owners dumping or surrendering their animals

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would build and staff two research facilities.  One to find the cure and/or prevention of Alzheimer's and the other to cure and prevent cancers in our dogs and cats.

I would give them millions of dollars for the best staff members and technology.  Plus a huge monetary reward for the scientists who find the causes of these two diseases.

No expenses would be spared. Even if it cost all my winnings!

Valued Contributor

SHARE!  I do not have any need for that much money.  I would rather see many people get out of bad situations (myself included but there would be plenty to go around).   

Can you imagine the looks on people's faces that have are going through so many fianancial issues have their problems solved and life go on as it should which is happily. 

Good luck to everyone here that purchased a ticket or ticket(s).

LOVE the story of the man who had a son give him a $5.00 scratch off for Christmas.  Winnings were $300,000.  Great gift from a son with little money.  Smiley LOL