Respected Contributor

Re: What would you do if you were suddenly homeless?

If it happened, I'd turn to our families.  Just as we have helped other family members, I would hope they'd be willing to help before we'd have to turn to strangers.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Get a job? You tend to look a little scraggly after a few weeks of homelesness. Where is your employer going to locate you? What happens when your phone runs out and you can no longer pay for it?

Keeping your clothes clean for an interview? How ya gonna get to the interview? Car? Gas? Insurance? Bus Tickets? Who is watching your small ones while you go?

I love coming here. So many trite answers to a difficult life.

Many of the people here do not work and are home all the time. They live very small , secluded lives and really don't understand how harsh it is out in the real world.

What a RIDICULOUS statement.You have NO way of knowing that.

Trusted Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Our family was homeless 16 years ago - one night in April, our home burned to the ground.

What do you do?  Comfort one another, reassure your children, thank God for friends and family - put one foot  in front of another. Great insurance is also important and we had it.

I am so sorry to hear that happened to you and your family.

Esteemed Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Our family was homeless 16 years ago - one night in April, our home burned to the ground.

What do you do?  Comfort one another, reassure your children, thank God for friends and family - put one foot  in front of another. Great insurance is also important and we had it.

I am so sorry to hear that happened to you and your family.

Thank you!  It's all a bad dream now..

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow