Respected Contributor

Re: What would make me a "happy camper!"

I'm not the camping type either.

Nothing appealing about flushing lines, staying in cramped quarters, going to the laundrymat, or eating outside. 

Honored Contributor

Hotel - clothes crammed into a suitcase 

Camper - clothes nice and neat and tidy hanging in the closet.

Hotel - MUST eat out in a restaurant no matter how tired you are or can order room service if it is available.

Camper - can go out to eat if you want to. Can eat a nice hot freshly prepared meal if you want to. YOUR CHOICE. 

hotel - take home a suitcase full of dirty laundry with you. 

camper - many have washers & dryers included so you can go home with all clean clothes. YOUR CHOICE.

hotel - possibility of bedbugs - using toilets, showers and mattresses that have been used by thousands of others and are questionab;ly clean.

camper - sleep in your own bed , use your own toilet and shower - nothing questionable about how clean they are.

hotel - chance of no room available or a bad room or noisy neighbor.

camper - room is ALWAYS available. You can pull  into  Walmart parking lot and stay the night if you need to, no problem. Your nice clean , comfortable room is travelling with you.

hotel - questionable heat/AC.

camper - you can do whatever you please, just like home. Open the window or turn on the heat or AC. Since YOU are in charge of the maintainence of it the heaters and AC, hot water heaters, fridge, stove, microwave etc should always be in good order.

You'll never be as comfy in a hotel/motel room as in your own home on wheels.

Regular Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Looks like my my kind of camping!

Very cool!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok...I am so not into camping, and this cutesy camper is just not my taste or style.  I went camping once as a GIrl Scout and hated it. I will stick to nice hotel rooms.  Sorry.

ETA:  My DH and his family camped every summer.  I have seen the photos and the movies.  I told him straight up that there was no way I was going camping in a trailer, tent, or any other vehicle.

Respected Contributor

this is sooo cute!  i've never been camping.  i'm a room service girl, but this looks like it might be fun!  can i get someone in to cook? 

Honored Contributor

@Beachy1 wrote:

I'm not the camping type either.

Nothing appealing about flushing lines, staying in cramped quarters, going to the laundrymat, or eating outside. 

I also live in a no camping zone!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Cute-Mini-Trailer-Houses-for-Dogs-640x375.jpg (640×375)

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Hotel - MUST eat out in a restaurant no matter how tired you are or can order room service if it is available.

Camper - can go out to eat if you want to. Can eat a nice hot freshly prepared meal if you want to. YOUR CHOICE. 

camper - many have washers & dryers included so you can go home with all clean clothes. YOUR CHOICE.

hotel - possibility of bedbugs - using toilets, showers and mattresses that have been used by thousands of others and are questionab;ly clean.

camper - sleep in your own bed , use your own toilet and shower - nothing questionable about how clean they are.

camper - room is ALWAYS available. You can pull  into  Walmart parking lot and stay the night if you need to, no problem. Your nice clean , comfortable room is travelling with you.

camper - you can do whatever you please, just like home. Open the window or turn on the heat or AC. Since YOU are in charge of the maintainence of it the heaters and AC, hot water heaters, fridge, stove, microwave etc should always be in good order.

Hotel: laundry, maid, valet parking, come and go.

Hotel:  You get to eat out, order room service, or have some fruit and cheese if you are stuffed from lunch.

Hotel:  Take fewer clothes, have them laundered along the way.  Or take older clothes and throw away along the trip.

Hotels:  Don't stay in a dump, stay and a clean place.  Never had a problem there.  Don't have to drag it along behind the car, find a place to park, or deal with toilet waste, cramped showers and limited water.  Sleep in the bed, leave, come back and the room's made up.  NOT in a WalMart parking lot.  I can't think of that and associate a good time with it.

Hotel:  Has everything I need from functioning bathroom, all the hot water I want, and don't have to worry about keeping food, buying groceries or cooking!

A home on wheels just isn't for a lot of  us!  Plus, I can stay in the finest hotels for a long time for what comfortable campers cost to buy, run, maintain, buy gas for, pay fees for, insure, and depreciate.

Simply why the big world has different strokes for different folks!  Aren't we lucky?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

Sounds like you stay at a MOTEL 6.

Five star hotel amenities include

Maid service

Large closets to hang clothes

Room service 24/7

Laundry service INCLUDED

Rooms ALWAYS available, sound proof walls

Pristine and clean large bathrooms, mattresses, high-end linens, high-end shampoos, etc. so you don't have to take your own

Able to control the thermostat for comfort and be able open windows

LUXURY at its BEST!! NO comparison to a cramped camper with questionable neighbors

Comfort at its BEST.

Parking in a Walmart parking lot? NO thanks.

Honored Contributor

@KALLIE wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Sounds like you stay at a MOTEL 6.

Five star hotel amenities include

Maid service

Large closets to hang clothes

Room service 24/7

Laundry service INCLUDED

Rooms ALWAYS available, sound proof walls

Pristine and clean large bathrooms, mattresses, high-end linens, high-end shampoos, etc. so you don't have to take your own

Able to control the thermostat for comfort and be able open windows

LUXURY at its BEST!! NO comparison to a cramped camper with questionable neighbors

Comfort at its BEST.

Parking in a Walmart parking lot? NO thanks.

Love Motel 6!!