Esteemed Contributor

What would be 'your experience' W/the JM STEAMERS?

I had read Chi-town girl, from FASHION....MINE is posted there. Had hoped it would have been listed on Community,,,,,

Very interested if these have been __improved from 13__ months ago?? Does anyone know. After 6+, I am through buying, what I know to be very inferior. (In Fashion)!!!

Mine have all been JUNK, after 2 months, except the MINI, which operated fr exactly 8 months.

My personable experience purchase: from past 6 purchase in Fashion.

Very curious to learn how long your little steamer/Joy M' product.....NAES

Trusted Contributor

Re: What would be 'your experience' W/the JM STEAMERS?

I have had nothing but a great experience with the JM steamers. My current one is several years old and still going strong. You have to be careful not to over fill and keep it upright while steaming. Every now and then I soak and clean it out with a Lime A Way cleaner product. 

Sorry you have had some lemons. 

Honored Contributor

I had one of the smaller JM steamers.  I loved it at first, but it quit working in less than a year.  I would never buy another one from her.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

I received a mini when I ordered her nylon storage cases.  Considering it was a free gift I had no expectations. I have to say I've had this for 2 years, I do not use it everyday, but when I do it is mostly in the summertime. It works nicely on linens and some cottons but when you get into some of the more mixed fibers- non natural fibers it doesn't really do the work. But I don't mind ironing which is why I don't use this all year round. For something I didn't pay for I have certainly gotten more than I expected out of it.

Respected Contributor

I bought 2 minis and a large one. I gave the minis to my daughter and her roommate at college, they loved them. 

I've use both the mini and the larger and never had a problem with either.

Esteemed Contributor

@TexasMom1 wrote:

I have had nothing but a great experience with the JM steamers. My current one is several years old and still going strong. You have to be careful not to over fill and keep it upright while steaming. Every now and then I soak and clean it out with a Lime A Way cleaner product. 

Sorry you have had some lemons. 

@TexasMom1

@Thank you so much, @TexasMom1.....

"...as you may have read, most Little Steamers are still operating at 2 or 2+ years. I am a medical instructor working with student nurses and medical doctors, especially associated with patients having severe infectious diseases, so I  have NOT ever been one to use day to day...only for touch ups, as I explained in Fashion Forum. I immensely appreciate the approach in using a LimeAWay solution.

Definitely intelligent to work with quality machines, electronic or otherwise.

I have used spring water, distilled  and tap water. Neither one makes any difference.

However, in the beginning, at the onset of one month, each (EACH) operated beautifully. Each stopped at 2 months__purchased at different times through the years. I do not iron- period, rather have dry cleaning.

My summary: as some other poster mentioned....just Lemons"!

Is this the same Lime product for bath and sink basins?

"Thank you, I will give that a try, if not, boxed up and ck they go"....I do not even to be reimbersed...just feed back from someone who has the Smarts to define - 'why only the 2 months for each life'???

NAES

Valued Contributor

I have had several steamers over the years. I use one every morning. However, they can be temperamental. Mine will stop. I turn it off and back on and it starts bubbling again. Used a mini and it worked as well as the large one. Bed Bath and Beyond sells the mini.

Trusted Contributor

I've had beat luck with mine. Several years ago she offered a 2 pack. One was regular size and the other was a mini. 

Honored Contributor

Mine sprung a leak and spit boiling hot water out on me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i have probably bought well over a dozen of these steamers.....sets and singles. they are one of joys best items. all of my kids each have one and my 19 year old son uses it every single day. my mom has one. i have bought one for myself. i keep one in each guest room. i have two in our beach home. i have also given several for gifts to college students going away.

my cousin recently visited me from montreal and she used the one in the guest room. she made me order 6 of them for her so she could take them back and give them as christmas gifts.

i have only had one go bad and that was my original one.......it lasted maybe 7 years or so? whenever she first introduced them on hsn.

i am also addicted to her hangers and her storage containers that she creates for jewelry and makeup.

it will be interesting to see the movie JOY and to see some of her "rise to fame."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein