Honored Contributor

Re: What will your next car be…Hybrid? Gas? Electric?

@qualitygal wrote:

We'll be keeping the car we have, just like the stove we'll be keeping.  

@qualitygal    I'm "with you".     Have had both a gas stove AND gas heat most of my life.     If it was "dangerous", I'd be dead by now (!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Just purchased a car - gas.  I have no interest in electric.   This electric car thing is ill conceived in its current state.  They pop off with this idea, but they do not take the time to put in place all the things necessary to properly implement all the steps to take care of all the things needed to accommodate it taking place fully.  A lot of thought and planning needs to take place before they try and cram all of this down everyone's throats!  What about the cost?  These vehicles are very expensive - and then there's the cost of getting the hook-up installed.  And if you do not get your own, there is the problem of trying to locate the charging stations.  There are hardly any of them around here.  At the place where I purchased my car, we asked if they were selling a lot of electric cars.  They actually laughed.  They said they had tried but nobody wanted them!  I'm not saying this isn't going to happen and shouldn't happen, but I really don't believe at the current time the country is ready for it to happen.  Also, a lot of people can afford the electric cars, but I would think --- like myself --- a lot of people can't afford them.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Always was and always will be a big gas guzzling Ford truck! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@gardenman      I live in Arizona.   Excessive HEAT  also degrades batteries of all kinds.    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I agree with @gardenman that in my snowy region, corrosive salt could potentially cause damage to an electric car. There's not enough history on these cars. I'll stick to my small SUV that gets 32mpg.

Respected Contributor

So what happens when there's a power outage.......

Honored Contributor

@sann wrote:

So what happens when there's a power outage.......

Or you are stuck in an hours long traffic jam...not like you can get out and walk for a bucket of electricity.

Respected Contributor

Gas--always & forever! We live rural, and I just don't see charging stations becoming convenient around here anytime soon. Plus the expense of the car itself, replacement batteries, etc. is just a turnoff to me. I really don't think electric cars are more environmentally friendly anyway!

Honored Contributor

Gas for us!

Happy Friday Quotes

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We already have our next car.  Electric.