Honored Contributor

Re: What will be your favorite memory from this Christmas season?

@Lucky Charm wrote:

The presentation at my youngest grandson's school.  He is just the cutest!

The parents and family members were seated and as the class came in the room, he was searching the rows for me. 

When he saw me his face lit up and he said *Hi Nana!* out loud.  Heads turned around and I was beaming.

He did the best job trying to impress me, his eyes were honed in on me as he sang and did his part in a little skit.

When it was over he ran past his mom and dad and my daughter in law's mother to me.

They video taped it and played it on Christmas day and my heart melted again. 

@Lucky Charm wrote:

The presentation at my youngest grandson's school.  He is just the cutest!

The parents and family members were seated and as the class came in the room, he was searching the rows for me. 

When he saw me his face lit up and he said *Hi Nana!* out loud.  Heads turned around and I was beaming.

He did the best job trying to impress me, his eyes were honed in on me as he sang and did his part in a little skit.

When it was over he ran past his mom and dad and my daughter in law's mother to me.

They video taped it and played it on Christmas day and my heart melted again. 

@Lucky Charm

How wonderful!!!  That's something you can't put a price on!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:
That our parents and grandparents are still with us . We had Gram's collards and Nan's Yorkshire pudding, Big Mitch's corned ham and Gus's Moonshine Apple Pie.

We were all together this year. We always are grateful for that.

My in-laws and my husband's 3 brothers and his only surviving grandparent will be together for New Years.

Good times.

@Lila Belle

That's so nice.  And sharing old recipes -- makes for nice traditions.  

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

The whole day, one of the best Christmas ever. Just the 3 of us and it was very close to perfection. Our son arrived around 10:30a, we got settled and we sang Happy Birthday to the Baby Jesus (family tradition before gifts). We opened gifts, cooked, ate and watched TV then we cleaned up and had cake and hated to see it end. 

@qvcfreak

That's the trouble --- the happy times goes by so quickly!!!  

Respected Contributor

This is not a favorite memory but one I will never forget.  It was warm and dry christmas day here which is unusual.  I looked out and saw my 60 something female neighbor up on her roof with a caulking gun.  She was up there for a good while, bending, lying down and doing whatever she needed to do.  I get dizzy on a step ladder and she was quite high up.  I guess she does not have anyone to fix it and cannot afford to pay to get it fixed. It broke my heart to see this.  I don't know her or her circumstances as we are new neighbors.  I just know that no woman that should have to spend her Christmas day working on her roof. 

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@qvcfreak wrote:

The whole day, one of the best Christmas ever. Just the 3 of us and it was very close to perfection. Our son arrived around 10:30a, we got settled and we sang Happy Birthday to the Baby Jesus (family tradition before gifts). We opened gifts, cooked, ate and watched TV then we cleaned up and had cake and hated to see it end. 

@qvcfreak

That's the trouble --- the happy times goes by so quickly!!!  

@AngelPuppy1 You are so right, they do go by so quickly 

Honored Contributor

That our whole family was together for the 1st time in many years - guess gotta let my older son & Dil plan holidays, etc. because they sent everyone a invite and everyone came!

Christmas Eve is for her family so I had a wonderful evening with my sister &  BIL, my niece and new hubby and his family. We went to a great restaurant!

I enjoyed my GD (alls better thru the eyes of a 5 yr old😁). 

Sadly, my time here is coming to a end but I'll be spending NYE with them. 5:20 am flight back to FL where I hope it's warm!!! Lol

@AngelPuppy1

Your post was beautiful and although you had some setbacks I am smiling because it seems like you enjoyed just the 2 of you! How sweet - I always kept my tree on all night on Christmas Eve and hubby is a very early riser & always enjoyed that..

This year I wasn't home but he told me he left my little vintage ceramic tree on...guess, we never think about those little things we enjoy in life!

May 2017 bring you good health & blessings

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

That our whole family was together for the 1st time in many years - guess gotta let my older son & Dil plan holidays, etc. because they sent everyone a invite and everyone came!

Christmas Eve is for her family so I had a wonderful evening with my sister &  BIL, my niece and new hubby and his family. We went to a great restaurant!

I enjoyed my GD (alls better thru the eyes of a 5 yr old😁). 

Sadly, my time here is coming to a end but I'll be spending NYE with them. 5:20 am flight back to FL where I hope it's warm!!! Lol

@AngelPuppy1

Your post was beautiful and although you had some setbacks I am smiling because it seems like you enjoyed just the 2 of you! How sweet - I always kept my tree on all night on Christmas Eve and hubby is a very early riser & always enjoyed that..

This year I wasn't home but he told me he left my little vintage ceramic tree on...guess, we never think about those little things we enjoy in life!

May 2017 bring you good health & blessings

@homedecor1

How great that you are all together!  And lucky you --- returning to much better weather!!!  My best to you in the upcoming year also! 

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

This is not a favorite memory but one I will never forget.  It was warm and dry christmas day here which is unusual.  I looked out and saw my 60 something female neighbor up on her roof with a caulking gun.  She was up there for a good while, bending, lying down and doing whatever she needed to do.  I get dizzy on a step ladder and she was quite high up.  I guess she does not have anyone to fix it and cannot afford to pay to get it fixed. It broke my heart to see this.  I don't know her or her circumstances as we are new neighbors.  I just know that no woman that should have to spend her Christmas day working on her roof. 

@chiclet

Oh, my --- well, that was something!  I could not do that either as I get very dizzy, but I applaude her for having a need and being able to address it.