Respected Contributor

Re: What will be your favorite memory from this Christmas season?

I am greatfull for the day we had together. I am so fortunate to have a good husband, sons and grandchildren. As for my daughter in law she is the best. Does so much to make the day the best she can. I feel blessed to have her. She has a high pressure job yet she finds the time to do everything and more. She cares so much about her family. I am blessed.

Respected Contributor

Hugs!!! They are the best presents.

Trusted Contributor

Our older son and family and a neighbor joined us for Christmas.  We had a really nice time.  Best of all, our five-month old grandson spent his first Christmas with us.  He's a happy, healthy little guy.  We feel fortunate and grateful.

My lifelong friend is very ill with cancer.  She spent Christmas with her son and four grandchildren, one of whom is a baby as well.  She lives about five hours from me, but we talk often.  I was so happy to know she had a very nice Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

The whole day, one of the best Christmas ever. Just the 3 of us and it was very close to perfection. Our son arrived around 10:30a, we got settled and we sang Happy Birthday to the Baby Jesus (family tradition before gifts). We opened gifts, cooked, ate and watched TV then we cleaned up and had cake and hated to see it end. 

Esteemed Contributor

That our parents and grandparents are still with us . We had Gram's collards and Nan's Yorkshire pudding, Big Mitch's corned ham and Gus's Moonshine Apple Pie.

We were all together this year. We always are grateful for that.

My in-laws and my husband's 3 brothers and his only surviving grandparent will be together for New Years.

Good times.
Honored Contributor

The presentation at my youngest grandson's school.  He is just the cutest!

The parents and family members were seated and as the class came in the room, he was searching the rows for me. 

When he saw me his face lit up and he said *Hi Nana!* out loud.  Heads turned around and I was beaming.

He did the best job trying to impress me, his eyes were honed in on me as he sang and did his part in a little skit.

When it was over he ran past his mom and dad and my daughter in law's mother to me.

They video taped it and played it on Christmas day and my heart melted again. 

Honored Contributor

That we are still thankful for what we have.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

My granddaughter only taking one roll from our Christmas feast so she could get back to her Crayola easel and accessories I gave her.  Could not get her to stop creating/drawing to come eat with us, so we just set her up next to our table and let her munch her dinner roll and draw. Amazes me how long a toddler can stand for hours on end when they are having so much fun!

Oh I love Christmas.

@beckyb1012

That's so cute!!!  You have a budding artist in your midst!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Greatest memory this year? My family being here Christmas Eve of course! We took a group selfie by the tree (grandkids are good at this). I will get it made into an 8X10 picture and frame it. My husband, my kids, and grandkids are my life!

@Shorty2U

That's awesome!  I love pictures!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

That we are still thankful for what we have.

@Sooner

Yes, I agree!!!