Honored Contributor

Re: What will be your favorite memory from this Christmas season?

Our children were with us

Honored Contributor

Since November we've been battling set-backs in health so both Thanksgiving and Christmas were iffy for a while.

So my favorite memory from this Christmas is that we all made it and the family joy shone just a bit brighter this year.  

We will never be out of the woods completely but I'll take the best and honor it.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

It's always just being with my family.  I love hearing how my kids love the holidays - not just for the gifts. LOL  They love the tradition that goes along with Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. 

Last night as we were sitting at the table having Christmas dinner, I was telling my dad how much I loved the ornaments he bought for me.  Now he buys my girls their own ornaments.  Since my mom passed, he carried on with that tradition.  Anyway, I could see a tear in his eye.  He said that's what Christmas is about - the good memories.  Heart

He's 85 now.  A few months ago, he suffered a stroke and a heart attack within hours of each other.  I'm just so glad he's here for another Christmas. 

Honored Contributor

I was thankful and felt blessed that my trucker daughter made it home on the 23rd, so our family of 4 was together for Christmas.   

The saddest part of our extended family celebration yesterday was watching my mom, and realizing how tired and weary she is.   She has declined significantly in the last 6 months.   

Honored Contributor

That's easy this was  the Year of the Baby in our family.  I have a precious little grandson who is 3 weeks old and this was his first Christmas.  Granted, he slept and nursed his way through the big day but it was nice just cuddling him.   Our second grandbaby is due in just a few days so while our Christmas dinner this year was actually more like a Christmas tea and my girls and their babies didn't stay long....it was...one of our best Christmases ever. 

Honored Contributor

We spent the day at our son's with his family.  The best part was I did not have to make Christmas dinner. YEAH!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Although I only saw pictures, it would be a new baby on my side of the family.  A child certainly makes the gifting part more fun.

Honored Contributor

Simply being able to be surrounded by family. No judgments, few expectations, and just plain good times being able to "feel the season" among loved ones.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Hayfield wrote:

My two children made it home and we were together with friends/neigbors and enjoyed good food, good wine and good company.  I try to cherish these times as some past holidays have not been the best.  Oh, and the Steelers won!  Yeah!

@Hayfield

How wonderful!!!  These are times to cherish!!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Our children were with us

@cherry

And THAT means more than anything, right??? So glad for you!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin