Honored Contributor

What will be your favorite memory from this Christmas season?

My Christmas/holiday season has not been very good -- one of my worst, in fact.

But I still have some positiive things that I want to take from it.  Though serious illnesses kept my family from spending the holidays together -- something which has never happened --- DH and I are blessed that we got to spend a nice, quiet Christmas together, enjoying our time.  It was not the same and not as we would have preferred it, but we pray for better times hopefully next year!

I would say I have probably 2 special memories that I will keep with me. Christmas Eve he and I had our special snacks and then opened our gifts.  We then watched the Polar Express.

Christmas morning, before DH woke up, I put on the Christmas lights throughout the house -- it was still dark --- and I put the coffee on and waited for DH to wake up in an otherwise dark house.  He was like a child walking through the lit up house.  I will always remember his face --- and how happy he looked!

I guess we can always find some goodness and happniess in a bad situation if we look hard enough!

I would love to hear your favorite moment, or experience from this Christmas season!!!!  Blessings! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What will be your favorite memory from this Christmas season?

Good Morning AngelPuppy.....I am sorry this wasn't the best Christmas for you ...but you sure turned it into something special  for your husband and yourself...by turning on the lights and making coffee....very nice...

I had a very good Christmas ...spent at my sons with all our family...what made it specail ...my one son, who has been "distant" with me for many years....spent much of the day just chatting with me all about things he has been doing...and what he will be doing going forward to next year....i got a super big hug when he came in and when i was going home...This will be my memory...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, AngelPuppy...

Esteemed Contributor

Well.....we came home from Christmas Eve dinner and a pipe under the bathroom sink was leaking and I had water all over the floor.....Hubby is NOT handy...so my guests on Christmas Day had to walk across the kitchen to the laundry room to wash their hands....LOL

I forgot' to take the cheesy potatoes out of the oven...Had left them in there to stay warm while we cut the ham and turkey.....the oven was off and I found them an hour after dinner....I knew there was something else I was missing at the dinner table....LOL!

Probably the best thing was watch my 4 yr old granddaughter open gifts...

Honored Contributor

The time shared with all family members and our little puppy!

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

Good Morning AngelPuppy.....I am sorry this wasn't the best Christmas for you ...but you sure turned it into something special  for your husband and yourself...by turning on the lights and making coffee....very nice...

I had a very good Christmas ...spent at my sons with all our family...what made it specail ...my one son, who has been "distant" with me for many years....spent much of the day just chatting with me all about things he has been doing...and what he will be doing going forward to next year....i got a super big hug when he came in and when i was going home...This will be my memory...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, AngelPuppy...

@circles

Good morning, circles!

I am so happy to hear that your son really reached out to you!  I know that had to mean more to you than anything!!!  What a true Christmas blessing!

My wishes to you for a wonderful and happy season and New Year!!!  

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

Well.....we came home from Christmas Eve dinner and a pipe under the bathroom sink was leaking and I had water all over the floor.....Hubby is NOT handy...so my guests on Christmas Day had to walk across the kitchen to the laundry room to wash their hands....LOL

I forgot' to take the cheesy potatoes out of the oven...Had left them in there to stay warm while we cut the ham and turkey.....the oven was off and I found them an hour after dinner....I knew there was something else I was missing at the dinner table....LOL!

Probably the best thing was watch my 4 yr old granddaughter open gifts...

@Nataliesgramma

Oh, no!  A few things to make the holiday not so sweet!  But it sounds like things went well otherwise.  Yes, I am sure that the gift opening was worth it all!!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

Spending it with my dad.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

The time shared with all family members and our little puppy!

@qualitygal

That's awesome!  And congrats on the new puppy --- I'm sure this was an added measure of happniess for the day!  

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Spending it with my dad.

@Plaid Pants2

For sure!  I am sure he enjoyed it as well!!!!  

Respected Contributor

My two children made it home and we were together with friends/neigbors and enjoyed good food, good wine and good company.  I try to cherish these times as some past holidays have not been the best.  Oh, and the Steelers won!  Yeah!