Frequent Contributor

Re: What were the boys in Thailand doing in the cave???

Everything that everyone is saying doesn't really matter. This is all in hindsight . The important thing now is to just get these children out safe and sound as soon as possible. We all need to pray for their safety 

Respected Contributor

Yes, of course, we all want to see the kids rescued.  However, it is just so sad that this lack of judgment is now putting others at risk as well.  One diver has already died trying to provide them food.

Esteemed Contributor

The latest I heard on the News this morning is that one of the divers ran out of oxygen and has died, as @Isobel Archer mentioned in her post.

Understandably, the boys and coach are in weakened conditions, due to malnutrition, and the oxygen level inside of the cave is also getting low.

With heavy rains expected this weekend, this whole scenario continues to be very worrisome

I also read where this cave is considered off-limits by residents due to the dangers involved....statement below taken from article...

"The Tham Luang Nang Non caves are known locally as off-limits, a dangerous place where parents warn their children not to go into, especially during monsoon season."

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

The Thai diver dying was bringing in additional oxygen.

(source: BBC)

Teams of Thai and international divers have since supplied them with food, oxygen and medical attention, but there are mounting concerns about the oxygen level in the chamber, which officials said had fallen to 15%. The usual level is 21%.

Honored Contributor

38780AF1-EDA3-467A-A7D2-F93D015C9F34.jpeg

Honored Contributor

00307FD7-6AF8-4F15-A2E9-714E43032776.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if they are going to sent doctors in can they bring in some sort of equipment that will take them out one child at a time. Some kind of protective gear with air attached like a space suit, etc.   I cannot swim either and if I could I wonder if I could manage scuba gear.  

Honored Contributor

And I wonder if the anxiety level is the main concern,

they could relax/reduce heart rate through hypnosis and/or

a controlled medication...pulling the child along w/ the current,

while relaxed, so swimming technique wouldn’t be needed.

🤔

Respected Contributor

Re: not learning to swim.  My hairdresser and I were discussing this yesterday regarding the young teens in Thailand.  She was visiting Jamaica and was surprised to learn that most Jamaicans do not know how to swim.  Odd, but I did look that up and appears to be factual.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

And I wonder if the anxiety level is the main concern,

they could relax/reduce heart rate through hypnosis and/or

a controlled medication...pulling the child along w/ the current,

while relaxed, so swimming technique wouldn’t be needed.

🤔

Yes this.  I heard this on the radio yesterday when a US former Navy Seal was interviewed.  He said likely they would all ultimately very likely need to be sedated with a hood over their heads (so they won't mess with the breathing apparatus) while they are guided out.  Such a terrifying image.