Honored Contributor

Re: What was your first music concert and when...

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

My first concert was seeing Jethro Tull at Stony Brook Univ. with my sister who was a student there....right after that we saw Chicago....

Super Contributor

It was the Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl, I think it was 1964.  Couldn't hear much music with all the screaming and the small planes and helicopters flying overhead.  I was just entranced to see them way down there on that stage (we were in the nosebleed section.)

Super Contributor

Saw Robert Goulet at Westbury Music Fair, 1966.   Then saw Chuck Berry and Billy Preston at Stony Brook U.  My last was Kenny Rogers in Hampton, VA.  They were all great.  

Trusted Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 

Oh my goodness, I so enjoy ll Divo! I have several of their CDs. A few years ago they were playing in Minneapolis around Valentines Day and that would have been possible for my husband and me to go. But we ended up not going and I still regret it. 

There have been some great concerts listed here!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

😀 My first concert was David Cassidy probably 71 or 72.  Me, my sister, and two neighbor girls.  We loved it.  12 years old.  

Favorite was either Elton John And Billy Joel together.  Chicago, Moody Blues, did love ELO also.  Tons of Reba concerts in the 90’S.  First concert date. - probably 1977 or 78.  Blue Oyster Cult.  Worst date ever.  Not my type of music.  Small local venue.  

@alicedee   would have loved the carpenters. Never did see them. Still sad Karen gone way too soon.  She was quite the talent!!!

Honored Contributor

1969 at Bucknell University, but I don't remember who the band was, there was a purple haze in the auditorium, if you know what I mean.

Honored Contributor

Engelbert Humperdinck in Vegas when I was a young teen. I went there with my mom and some of her friends for a 'ladies weekend out'.  

Respected Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 

Oh my goodness, I so enjoy ll Divo! I have several of their CDs. A few years ago they were playing in Minneapolis around Valentines Day and that would have been possible for my husband and me to go. But we ended up not going and I still regret it. 

There have been some great concerts listed here!

Oh I wish you had gone even better in person and I have some cd's too.

Honored Contributor

Motown Review at the Uptown Theater in Philly........

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif