Respected Contributor

Re: What was your favorite gift received at Christmas?

[ Edited ]

We usually don't gift to one another other than buying for the adult and younger kids.  This year I bought myself a Saeco Intelia espresso machine.  Never have I been so self-indulgent and every day I thank Santa. 

Honored Contributor

I received a calendar from my six year granddaughter that she and  her first grade classmates had made. Each student had a month that they drew a picture and had a quote for their month. She is December, I will keep this calendar for the rest of my life.

The calendars were sold by their school and all proceeds donated to Unicef and  Puerto Rico. Heart

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

Everything from my husband, kids, and grand kids were my favorites of all gifts because they know me so well..

My husband got me the fuji camera with real film (thank God..lol), case, and extra film (I have missed real film, and wanted this badly) and Pete Souza's Obama years photograph book (which was on the best sellers list and sold out on Amazon, so I'm glad he got it early). The photography is amazing!

My son and his fiance' got me music cds including my Adam Levine Maroon 5 cd, Taylor Swift (my PA hometown girl) big edition cds with all the books, Bruno Mars, and Ringo's new vinyl. (I love music)

My daughter (and family) got me the big Philosophy Amazing Grace (love!)  set Q had for a TSV, plus a gorgeous cardigan, 2 tank tops, and new cookie sheets (badly needed).

My oldest granddaughter bought gifts this year since she is working, and she got me leopard print winter pjs that are so awesome, more Philosophy and bath and body lotions.

But the best gift of all was that they were ALL here Christmas Eve for dinner and that the snow held off until they got home safe! 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

Other than being with my family, my favorite gift was a Frye crossbody bag from my son. I had shown him a gift that I had ordered on the Frye website for my niece and he said “what else do they have”,so we looked at a few things and I must have mentioned how much I liked the bag. I was shocked when I opened the gift on Christmas morning. He’s very generous! 

Honored Contributor

The gift of no gifts!!  The best part of Christmas is just getting together and catching up, playing games and just enjoying the company!!

Super Contributor

Xmas is over. What are you 12? In 2018 try some sensitivity training, for real. Some families get zero gifts and speaking for myself, I'm tired of hearing about the holiday.

Honored Contributor

A Storm Glass. 

It's a sealed tear drop filled with some sort of liquid and crystals.

The liquid will cloud or clear and the crystals change shape when there is a change in the weather.

I don't know if it really works or not, but it's a cool, little nerdy thing to look at.

Respected Contributor

Our daughters gave us cooking classes at Sur La Table.  We are taking a pasta class and a dessert class in February.  My husband is very excited.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Auntie CC wrote:

Xmas is over. What are you 12? In 2018 try some sensitivity training, for real. Some families get zero gifts and speaking for myself, I'm tired of hearing about the holiday.

I am sorry to hear that your holiday was sad and I hope next year is much better.  If you are new to our threads as your posting number reflects you need to know we talk about all holidays, big and small.  From the food, to the family to the fireworks.  I hope next Christmas is much merrier for you.  This was one of my absolute best from family to work related.  Happy 2018 and I hope you love it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

Our daughters gave us cooking classes at Sur La Table.  We are taking a pasta class and a dessert class in February.  My husband is very excited.  LOL

My sister did that for us a few years back as a family gift.  There were 6 of us that went.  We had a blast and I'm not much into cooking.  LOL