Super Contributor

Re: What was your favorite gift received at Christmas?

I received many, many wonderful and thoughtful gifts for Christmas this year. My Santas ( my husband and son) are good to me at Christmas and all year long. But my favorite gift this year, for many reasons, was the Rose Gold Special Edition Beats Solo3 headphones that my son surprised me with. They are wireless, but come with the cable to use if the battery is low or if your device does not have Bluetooth. The sound is awesome. 

At 61, I grew up with the music of the British Invasion, Classic Rock, Southern Rock and everything from 50's "oldies" to disco to Motown to Michael Jackson. More currently, I enjoy such artists as Taylor Swift and Katy Perry to Kid Rock. And I love all of it even more played LOUDLY through the Beats. 

I hear music . . . but I also feel music in every cell of my being. After I became "sick" with Fibromyalgia and spinal issues, and started living with daily pain, I got away from music. This gift gave me the love and enjoyment of music back to my life. It was a gift of pure joy and happiness.

Hugs . . 

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Respected Contributor

My new chairs for the living room.

Esteemed Contributor

My two grown children bought me a new ipad!

Honored Contributor

We don’t exchange, so I don’t get gifts.

But, my oldest son brought me a bag of chocolate covered macadamia nuts.  They were a little bit of heaven and there is no evidence that they were ever here.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

We really stopped doing gifts several years ago (it's just the two of us), but my favorite gifts are 100 dollar bills Smiley Happy and my husband put one in the card. 

The dog and bird also always get me a card for every holiday and that is another favorite of mine.    They pick out the best cards!

My father sent me $50 and I liked that very much.  Can't lose with either cash or Amazon money.  I really don't need 'stuff' or clutter, so I appreciate the cash very much.   I just put it away and collect it.

@chickenbutt

I love that your dog and bird get you a card for every holiday---Cat LOL

My cats and my sister cat exchange holiday cards too Cat Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

SPURT wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

We really stopped doing gifts several years ago (it's just the two of us), but my favorite gifts are 100 dollar bills Smiley Happy and my husband put one in the card. 

The dog and bird also always get me a card for every holiday and that is another favorite of mine.    They pick out the best cards!

My father sent me $50 and I liked that very much.  Can't lose with either cash or Amazon money.  I really don't need 'stuff' or clutter, so I appreciate the cash very much.   I just put it away and collect it.

@chickenbutt

I love that your dog and bird get you a card for every holiday---Cat LOL

My cats and my sister cat exchange holiday cards too Cat Very Happy

Thanks!  Smiley Happy   Those are my two boys and they are very sweet.    The dog has one girlfriend, down the street, who sends him cards.   Pretty cool.

Regular Contributor

I didn't get any gifts again this year. We help others in our church/community. However there is a lady on FB that I have been friends with for around 6 years. Use to play Farmville and she was on my neighbors list there. When I stop playing she never removed me from FB. This pass year I read her post and from time to time I would say something hoping to uplift her spirits. She is disabled and has a tough time with many health problems. God laid it on my heart to send her a Christmas card and put some cash money in it. Praying that she would get it and sure enough she did. She used it to buy her Christmas dinner, and a few other little things. Her only child was coming for Christmas and she had not seen him in years. She was so excited and very thankful that she would have a Christmas meal. So this was my gift - sharing with someone that did not expect anything yet was very grateful. It made my heart happy that I had obey what God had placed in my heart. That was gift enough for me knowing that someone else was having a Christmas that they didn't expect. 

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Honored Contributor

I only exchange small gifts with a few friends:

Love the gift cards (bath & body works, barnes & noble)

A cute bracelet with a kitty charm (I love cats)

A candle

A book

fuzzy socks

A Christmas pin

All are my favorites......Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My favorites were all tech, I never thought I would say that.

My daughter got me a subscription to Amazon Echo music and the Show for movies, etc.  It plays anything I call out for.  AND!  I got what I'd been dreaming of... a spy camera for the front of the house.  The wireless one that you can see from your smart phone.   You can be out to dinner and see who is lurking around your house or at the front door.  She and DH are going to get a second one, too, for the back door.

Valued Contributor

How nice @Ms Tink that you were both blessed for your kindness.