Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: What was your favorite gift received at Christmas?

[ Edited ]

I was pleasantly surprised receiving gifts as I tell my kids & niece I just want to enjoy them!

Well, my gifts were really "thoughtful":

1.  My GD gave me a Yankee Candle with her picture on label. She loves to bake - the pic has her dressed up as a baker w/ hat  & all.

2. My sons & niece gave me gc for Southwest Airlines - guess they want me to come back!!!

3.  And upon my return home my husband gave me a card. Inside he bought 5 scratch off lottery tickets - 1 was PacMan.  I hate wasting $$$ on scratch offs but not anymore...

I won $1,000 on PacMan ticket and another $500 on a doubler ticket!!!

I'm still shocked - only drawback I have to drive to lottery commission to cash & validate them😤 about hour from me -- so I'll go tomorrow!  of course, im feeling lucky so I'm going to buy Powerball ticket and put the rest away for my next trip.

Trusted Contributor

My best gift was my kids arrived from Florida...  Wonderful Christmas.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Home decor - Awesome!!   Congrats.  Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

My grandson donated a good amount of money to a cat rescue in my name.  That, for me, was the greatest gift because he helped save animals.  I always ask for donations to the animals or to something like Hefer.

Super Contributor

I was really blessed this year, so I had to give this much thought. 

Coming in at #2 was from my daughter.....she gave me very nice material gifts, but what I treasured most was the ornaments she handmade with her first grade class. Some made from discarded toilet paper rolls (cutest little reindeer!)....they went on my Christmas tree instantly and I will love them forever. 

The #1 favorite gift was my Dad. His mind has not been as clear as it used to be, but Christmas Day he was as sharp as a tack. He remembered past Christmases, and he remembered minute details of things I had long since forgotten. Most importantly he KNEW that he was and has always been my true hero. The person that makes me feel secure and safe no matter what is happening around me. It was such a blessing to know that feeling one more time, during my lifetime. They broke the mold with my Dad. It is no wonder I have never found a man that could hold a candle to him. He taught me how it felt to be the recepient of unconditional love, and until I had my daughter I never really understood how it felt to be the giver of that feeling. 

Thank you Daddy. I am so happy to have had you in my life. There will never be appropriate words to express what you have meant to me. Heart

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Honored Contributor

A hug from my Mom after I told her she was my gift. Because of her illness she couldn't get me anything. I told her I don't care about that stuff, that she's my gift.

A hug from her every night makes my worst days feel better. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

A hug from my Mom after I told her she was my gift. Because of her illness she couldn't get me anything. I told her I don't care about that stuff, that she's my gift.

A hug from her every night makes my worst days feel better. 

I would give almost anything for hugs from my mother, I loved her so much.  She died too soon, but at least she got to hold her grandbaby.

@Greeneyedlady21I'm so glad you have your mother and you two also have a special relationship Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Favorite gift was having DS home from where he is stationed abroad in the Army and having the whole family together on Christmas Eve.

Actual gifts: I give more than I get, which is just as I like it. I asked both sons for particular items and I received them. Very happy. Also enjoyed the three (!) bags I gifted myself as they were on amazing sales before Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@RainyDayGal  That was a very kind jesture and a really good friend.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Making dinner for my parents.

All of us being together.