Valued Contributor

Re: What was your favorite gift received at Christmas?

My favorite gift was my son on leave! We didn't expect any gifts from him but he has such a giving heart he gave me and my husband poems that read he's succeeding because of us, bring on the tears. 

My hubby gave me a Joanna Gaines ladder you put a blanket on and I love it. 

Respected Contributor

My sister gave me a beautiful clock. It's sort of a bronzy metal color, around

18 inches wide and is the centerpiece on the wall in my livingroom. But, what I like about it most, are the words: Faith, Hope and Love written in the middle of the clock.

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite gift this year was a note from my son’s girlfriend.She thanked me for raising such a “kind ,  thoughtful & loving guy”.It made my heart sing!! I cherish it more than the beautiful sweater that came along with it.

Contributor

My first grandchild !

Respected Contributor

@Ms Tink wrote:

I didn't get any gifts again this year. We help others in our church/community. However there is a lady on FB that I have been friends with for around 6 years. Use to play Farmville and she was on my neighbors list there. When I stop playing she never removed me from FB. This pass year I read her post and from time to time I would say something hoping to uplift her spirits. She is disabled and has a tough time with many health problems. God laid it on my heart to send her a Christmas card and put some cash money in it. Praying that she would get it and sure enough she did. She used it to buy her Christmas dinner, and a few other little things. Her only child was coming for Christmas and she had not seen him in years. She was so excited and very thankful that she would have a Christmas meal. So this was my gift - sharing with someone that did not expect anything yet was very grateful. It made my heart happy that I had obey what God had placed in my heart. That was gift enough for me knowing that someone else was having a Christmas that they didn't expect. 

The true spirit of Christmas! Wish I could give you more than one heart.

Honored Contributor

Everything I received was awesome.

But I have to say my favorite gift was the framed photo of my16 month old niece.  She was making her "silly" face and it's just adorable.   

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’m 76 years old and I kid you not I received a Victoria Secret gift card!!   I looked online to see if they sold any granny panties but they didn’t.  No thongs for me and no bikinis.  This was not my favorite gift just an odd gift.

Respected Contributor

Another gift I received is the long awaited affection from my rescued lovebird. I've made some changes and they're paying off. She flew to me several times on Christmas and stayed with me for a long time sitting on or by me. That means the world to me! She's so precious. A bird's love and trust is hard to gain but like nothing else. Now, on her fly days she spends much more time on my head, by my side or preening my leg or hair. LOL. Now, that's love!

~Live with Intention~
Trusted Contributor

When my husband and I got engaged I started my search for an antique Army WWII wedding cake topper for our own wedding cake.  I've been hooked ever since.  My husband surprised me with a 1940's wedding cake topper under an antique glass dome.  I can't believe he found something like that!

Esteemed Contributor

@Vickiv wrote:

I’m 76 years old and I kid you not I received a Victoria Secret gift card!!   I looked online to see if they sold any granny panties but they didn’t.  No thongs for me and no bikinis.  This was not my favorite gift just an odd gift.

Sounds like a "re-gift!"  Not appropriate at all.....